Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Phat Girls My Review for the ladies!

A guilty pleasure for all of your girls who want a sneak peak at some beautiful chocolate men. The premis behind the movie is that Jazmine Biltmore (Monique) is a plus sized lady who works at a department store and lives with her skinny as cousin. She and her best friend are always dieting and feeling left out. Jessica wants to be a plus size fashion designer because she makes her own clothes not being able to find any at the store in which she works (aint that the truth) Through entering a contest she and her best friend and cousin venture to Palm Springs for an all expence paid vacation. There is a Nigerian conference going on in the city and a beautiful and lean Dr. from Nigeria is staying at her Hotel. Jessica can not believe when he is attracted to her instead of her skinny (malnurished is how he and his friends put it in Nigerian) cousin. He says that in his country that a woman of substance is once who is well fed... (BTW I actually know this to be true having dated several Nigerian men) He calls her a Thick Madame and he is completely smitten. Of course lacking in self esteem Jessica eventually ruins things and returns home heart broken. I won't finish the story although I am sure that you can guess what happens in the end. This in not a story to take your husband too. Mine went and did not enjoy my rampant giggles and blushing over the obvious enuendos. But I must say ladies that this was right down my ally. It had many of my truths that I went through with my own love experience. I could not believe that my husband found me as attractive as he did. If I was going to rate this film based on truth and sexy men I would have to give it 4 out of 5 stars. (However it is predictable and not a deep film) Loved it though!:eek:

Well, I was totally against seeing this film - it just obviously didn't seem like a movie I'd enjoy. I don't watch any of the TV shows Mo'Nique has been on, and I am not a fan of slapstick comedy, which is what I thought this was.

I saw it with a friend and I absolutely thought it was delightful.

It was a cute, sweet, funny little film. It's definitely low budget but I thought it was well made, and far better than I could have ever believed.

EVERY plus sized woman should see this film at least twice, maybe - and every SKINNY woman should be forced to watch it at least once. It's not exactly a heavy historical drama, but it's a fun afternoon matinee to see with girl pals. Enjoy!

Happy Band Journeys To All...

Its funny this thread is here, because I just finished watching this movie and I thought it was corny at first, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Its really ashame that I can empathize with everything she went through. Anyhow, I enjoyed it.

Phat Girlz - The Movie

<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->I had posted this in the talk-lounge, thought I'd copy it over here too... Loved this movie...

Hello! I just wanted to let everyone know about a great movie that I saw this weekend. It is called Phat Girlz and Mo'Nique (The Parkers) is the star. This movie is GREAT!!! There are so many things and situations in this movie that I could relate to (weight related). I laughed, I cried.. You gotta go see it. Monique plays a plus-sized fashion designer-wanna be who is trying to find acceptance in a skinny-girl world and has to learn how to love herself! I really encourage anyone who has ever felt scorned, embarrassed,or left-out of the world (because of weight issues)to go see it, it is very inspiring! I wanna be a Thick Madame (you gotta see the movie to get this)! There were parts that were a little over the top, but all and all both myself and my skinny cousin that went with me enjoyed it a lot! It is rated PG-13, by the way. Anyone else seen it? If anyone does, let me know what you think! Later my LBT friends!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I am sooo glad that I was not alone... I smile just thinking about the movie... now everytime my girls and I see a fine man we say he is a Tunde how ever its spelled!