Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Soft Stop.... Do you have one?

Fiiinally got to the green zone where I am *satisfied* for 3-4 hours. Woot!!! So I was cruizin the forums reading others' posts and found a link to Dr Simpson on Restriction and found his information very VERY useful.

He says, "food that I spread out over 20 minutes. (Methodical, no? LOL) So while i'm trying my hardest to work with this tool, I'm wondering if stopping at this so-called soft stop would make it work better.

Curious if others have a Soft Stop too? and what is yours?

Laurel

I have the "subtle" ache in the shoulder, though it isn't "subtle", it hurts like hello.

Sometimes I sigh too. With the shoulder pain, I have def got to stop.

I get a bit runny nose and if I ignore that and keep going I get the hiccups which usually means I am in trouble. I have learned the hard way!!

Wow, I get a few of those and never realized it meant STOP! Lol! By the time I get the shoulder pain it's too late though. I have noticed the runny nose and a minor hiccup. I usually stop after the hiccup because I figure that means I'm topped off. My problem is not being able to push the plate away. Ugh. Thanks for the info!

I have that problem too Shellee!!! But last night I noticed the hiccup thing and gave the rest of my measuring cup to the dogs LOL And I didn't end up hungry after about 3 hours so it must be my body giving me the 'it's okay to stop now' sign. I'm so glad I asked this question!

I get the runny nose.....and like Jim if I push it I get the hiccups.....

I get a little hicup or a feeling like I want to hicup and I know it's time to stop. If I keep going I will start burping and a little coming up with it meaning that I am over full and then I better stop.

very interesting post I will have to see what happens at dinner. Thanks for the post

I do the big sigh. And about 5-10 minutes after eating I hiccup just once. Weird stuff isn't it?

I sneeze... at least five to six times! In public I can see people moving away as if I'm contagious!

I get the hiccups and become real flushed & sweaty when I am full

This is awesome info! I'm def gonna pay attention next meal!!!