Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Failed 3 years lost only 30lbs

I wanted to give up and also felt like I chose the wrong surgery I have 6cc of Fluid in my band and I hate that my weight is at a stand still for the last week I ate mostly fruit and vegetable and my weight is still at the same number. I am getting tried and I sometime feel like giving up.

It is so hard when you know you are doing everything right and you are still not loseing.

The last week I have been doing cardio everyother day and I have been keeping my calories about 12-1300 and still I have not lost an ounce, even went up for a couple of days.

I think that weight will just flucuate we just have to keep to the band lifestyle and eventually it will start moving down again.

It is so hard when you know you are doing everything right and you are still not loseing.

The last week I have been doing cardio everyother day and I have been keeping my calories about 12-1300 and still I have not lost an ounce, even went up for a couple of days.

I think that weight will just flucuate we just have to keep to the band lifestyle and eventually it will start moving down again.

Every doctor is different but my nutritionist has me on 1200 calories and said once I get under 200 I need to go down to 8-900 calories. She said Unless you are super active anymore then that will slow the weight loss if not halt it all together. I am not sure what fruits and veggies you eat but was also told to avoid any veggie not green, because veggies like carrots are high carb as well as fruits like bananas that have to many carbs or sugars. Not sure what you are or aren't doing I just hope this helps :-)

Oh no! That is a horrible feeling. =( I've been on a plateau since October and it's killing me! First things first; do you need a fill? Are you able to only eat 1 cup of food per meal and it keep you satisfied for 4-5 hours? If your answer is no, go get a fill!! If your answer is yes, here are some suggestions that work for me... No snacking, no liquid calories, no sweets, very little (if any) bread, Pasta, rice, etc. Carbs are bad for me. No fast food. Make sure you are eating 3 meals a day and getting enough Protein. Are you drinking a Protein shake? Make sure you are taking all your Vitamins. 1000mg of Calcium and 500mg of magnesium a day helps with weight loss as well. Make sure you are getting a minimum of 64oz of Fluid in everyday, but make sure not to drink within an hour after eating. Working out 3x a week for 30 min is proven to only maintain your weight. Make sure you are working out at least 4x a week and try to bump it up to an hour! Get a pedometer. It helps motivate me to take at least 6500 steps a day and to try and bump it up weekly. Here is a sample of my daily routine.

7am - Protein Shake

7am-12pm - Drink 16oz of Water

12pm - Lean Cuisine meal with less than 300 calories

1pm-5pm - Drink 16oz of Water

5pm - 30 min Curves work out (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat)

5pm-bedtime - 32oz of water/sugar free juice

530pm - 1hour of Zumba (Mon and Wed)

5-7pm (depending on the day) - Cup of veggies and a small chicken breast (which I never finish)

I'm sure this may be more of what you already know and have probably heard it over and over and over... but if even one thing is new and helps make a difference I am happy I saw your post. =) Good luck and keep motivated!

I wanted to give up and also felt like I chose the wrong surgery I have 6cc of Fluid in my band and I hate that my weight is at a stand still for the last week I ate mostly fruit and vegetable and my weight is still at the same number. I am getting tried and I sometime feel like giving up.

Don't question your decision, work with it! You may have to play with the kind of foods that your body works with. If I don't have Protein in my diet I do not lose weight. A lot of vegetables make me bloat! So I eat enough of them to keep a healthy balance, but never any more! I also won't lose if I don't exercise. I don't have to go crazy, just an hour at least four days a week. Spend this time figuring out and listening to your body, seeing how it can work FOR you! If you do not lose it in a healthy manner, and try to do it like a fad diet, you will be more likely to gain back your weight in the future. I understand that we all want to be a certain weight, but we have to realize this is a journey to HEALTH! If you don't lose weight for a week or two, look back at what you ate and how you chose exercise as part of your life! Think about how you first felt when you started exercising and how far you have come. It is then when you will see that your HEALTH has improved. Which to me is a better feeling than the number on the scale!

I'm sorry you are feeling that you have failed somehow. I'm 2yrs3mths post op and I have lost 27kgs. That means I have added years to my life. I m happy now if I loose .5kgs a month. You have to live with your band. The two of you are partners and both have to work together. I sometimes have stuff to eat that I should prob not have but that's okay, just don't do it often. Maybe if you could go back to the start again and try to get that excited feeling when you had when you decided to take control of your life. I wish you well, never give up, you lost 30lbs you can do it again.

I had my surgery Labor Day weekend 2008. Two months later I had to move to another state -- away from my surgeon. I didn't get a fill with proper restriction until 2 years later. In those two years I dropped and kept off 20#. I really worked at eliminating junk food from my diet, and focussed on a protein-first hi Protein diet. I would have dropped more but I was terrible about exercising -- partly because at 330# I was worried about injuring myself, and partly sheer laziness. Moving my body at that weight was so exhausting!

Once I experienced restriction I tackled Portion Control. I was eating right--just too much. I dropped 12# in three months and decided to up my activity level -- I started walking everywhere I could. After 9 month I was down to 298#. It was a big deal to me to get below 300# and I was determined never to see that number on my scale again!

It took me 3 years to drop 60#. But once I got below 300 and upped my activity level the weight started coming off faster -- I gained hope and momentum. 4 years and 5 months post-op I am down to 228# -- I've dropped 132#. I have 50# to go. I expect to reach my goal weight in 2014 -- 6 years post-op. Yes, it is taking a while, but that's ok.

As to plateaus my personal trainer has me up my calories by 200 a day and my exercise by 400 calories a day. This always works. Why? When caloric intake drops too low the body goes into metabolic conservation mode. Upping calories and exercise turns the metabolism up.

Good luck!

Stop eating fruit! You need Protein and low glycemic index vegetables. fruit has too much sugar and will stimulate appetite for more sugar. Protein FIRST is my agreement with my surgeon.

Thank all of y'all for the support now one more question I need to start over so I need to start with lower calorie 800-1200 I also made appointment to see the dr for a fill so wish me well

Good luck!

Start over with Protein Shakes and Protein Bars. I like the Aria Protein shakes from Trader Joes and the protein bars from costco. Pretend you're on your 2 week post-op diet and get back on track.

Stop eating fruit! You need Protein and low glycemic index vegetables. fruit has too much sugar and will stimulate appetite for more sugar. Protein FIRST is my agreement with my surgeon.

I had to research this Natural fruit cause I love it yet I was exceeding the recommended sugar intake. I mean zooming pass it

You need Protein. Eating only fruit and vegetables is not going to make you lose weight. Protein burns fat.