Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When will i feel better ?

3 days post op, on liquids and not hungry at all. My stomach churns a lot but I think it's cos of the gas. I cant burp very well so it feels like there is a lot if gas to cone up.

I have a sharp pain on the left shoulder and also my left side ribs and it hurts when I breathe. Did anyone else feel like this??

What's the best thing to do??

I'm meant to be going back to work in 3 days.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

3 days post op' date=' on liquids and not hungry at all. My stomach churns a lot but I think it's cos of the gas. I cant burp very well so it feels like there is a lot if gas to cone up.

I have a sharp pain on the left shoulder and also my left side ribs and it hurts when I breathe. Did anyone else feel like this??

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk[/quote']

Oh girl that was me for the past few days! Im 6 days post op! Use heating pad, gas x, and walk!! For me walking alot helped so much!! Congrats and good luck!! We can do it!!

Same here, heating pad for the shoulder pain, gasx for the gas pain and walking, lots of walking. Based on my experience, what you are feeling is very normal. As far as the burping, I have resigned myself to having it come out the other end. :lol:

3 days post op, on liquids and not hungry at all. My stomach churns a lot but I think it's cos of the gas. I cant burp very well so it feels like there is a lot if gas to cone up.

i had all those also.

i had surgery on wed and wanted to go back the following monday. ended up

taking the entire week off for total of 8 days....so glad i did....i say on day 7 i was back to about (normal).....just know as each day passes, it does get better...just keep on sipping, maintain your pain and hang in there

The pain you are experiencing is the gas they pump into you when doing the surgery. It travels throughout your body before it actually disipates. There is no cure to this in making the pain go away besides walking it out. If you were prescribed medication, take it. But walking is your best bet. Some have said gas x strips work, and a heating pad (do not put heating pad on the belly) Also, take deep breathes every so often. Everything is healing, your body, new stomache, lungs, etc. It will take a while to do so because everyone heals differently. Your expected new stomache for healing is anywhere up to 6 weeks. That all depends on how well you recover. Some take longer.

Now, the best way for your body to heal is to make sure you keep hydrated, so that means a lot of siping away! You don't want to wound up dehydrated and back in the hospital, so make sure you are getting in adequate fluids, which will help you to heal a whole lot faster..

Best wishes,

Easy your worries, you should be feeling that way right now. Move move move as best you can. By day 6 I felt really good.it is now wk 13, I feel normal.

Day 3 was the worst for me! Day 5 was the best day. Today is day 6 and I feel great!

Every day gets better, and it is worth what you go through in my opinion. Hang in there. Hugs and prayers!

Hi, I had my surgery on Jan 7th and I had those exact same symptons. I feel great today and it is because I keep on walking. Today I went outside and walked around. I plan to go back to work on Monday. I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. At first I was so sore I wondered why I did this. Now feel better everyday.

No matter how bad you feel be sure to sip your Water. I had extreme gas pain and was so nauseated I dehydrated and wound up in ER. Not fun at all

I have been walking about an hour a day in small increments. I still have so much painful gas! Nothing else is a problem but this damn gas. Does anyone know what the Aussie version of gas-x is. My chemist doesn't know of anything that will help.

I had my surgery 2 days ago and am going through the exact same thing. Was a bit worried but after reading this thread I'm feeling more confident. Thx :)

I had my surgery 2 days ago and am going through the exact same thing. Was a bit worried but after reading this thread I'm feeling more confident. Thx :)

Hope you are feeling ok Giovy I can say that the support and help from people here is amazing.

I am feeling better each day.