Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nicely put :)

Bayougirl...Sorry, I was taught from a young age by my parents that there are ways of saying things. People can help others without being disrespectful, judgmental, and abrasive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it! I'm sure before you were banded if someone came up to you and said...just stop filling your face with crap and get off your lazy ass and exercise, you probably wouldn't have needed the band because it would have "hit home" as you stated! You ask why I'm here? The answer is because when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site, a site that should be a place of security and support. I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed! Life and people aren't perfect! I have also learned what happens to people who stand on pedestals. The world isn't kind, and neither are many people who don't understand a persons situation. Haven't we learned this by being overweight? Now that we've lost weight were going to turn in to the mean kid?

Hey Pot... Kettle here..... aren't you doing just what you said i was doing... You said: when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site. So now you have returned to the site, do you avoid "those" people that were mean too you? Good, you should surround your self with people that tell you exactly what you WANT to hear...... Me i prefer to surround my self with people who tell me what I NEED too hear.

You also said: I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed!

I'm pretty sure that's what I and a few others were trying to do.... be completely honest.. so she can succeed...!!! And because of that i'm now "the mean kid". Being Judgmental are we?

I think you are wrong... the world is a kind place for the most part. It's just a lot easier to see the bad than it is to see the good.

I got my band on October 12, 2012. I have 3cc in my band. I was having the same issues as you. I was able to eat junk food, but found it difficult to eat salads and I love salads. I spoke with my doctor about this on my second fill this week. I was told I am eating too fast and not chewing well. It was true. I find cutting the salad really well helps. Also take smaller bites helps. Don't give up just yet. It's a learning experience. It will get better in time once you figure it all out!

Bayou girl...this post isn't about you or I so let's just drop it ... No one comes here to hear people bickering...I don't have the over needing urge to win! I hope she takes out of the conversation what she needs and becomes successful! Tips and ideas can be given without judgement! Emigirl is a perfect example!

I was starting to think last month that maybe I could use a fill. I pretty much did cut out most junk foods out of my diet. I started bringing plain salads for my lunch at work. String cheese and veggies as Snacks. But just the last week/ week and a half everything I eat comes right back up. So yeah. I did see a nutritionist after the band. I cant afford the $150 each visit to see her. It adds up way fast! I got a fairly good idea of how to eat now. The reason I went for the foods that are unhealthy is because finally something that doesn't make me vomit! I have been craving something healthy but I don't want to vomit after every single time I eat. But I got to eat something! I been trying to make the lapband work.

Has any of what i said help you in any way. Where there things i said, that made you think... "i didn't know that".. I will try that tip? For me, Ice burg lett. was hell! I can eat mixed green salad... but if it has one shred of ice burg it's coming right back up. Maybe make note of the things that you eat and what you were doing when you ate them... Good and bad. I learned the hard way that i can eat chicken, but my favorite chicken wings from Wing Stop will make me sick. I can eat baked potato and sweet potato.... but can't eat them fried. When i eat and watch tv or read, it easy for me to revert back to taking a big bite and somewhat chew and swallow and before i know it... i'm sick. I hope you try some of the suggestions that were given by all the above people and not give up on you or your band.

So i'm going to say this.... If i offended you in anyway... i hope you will except my

apologies

Bayougirl...Sorry, I was taught from a young age by my parents that there are ways of saying things. People can help others without being disrespectful, judgmental, and abrasive. It's not what you say, it's how you say it! I'm sure before you were banded if someone came up to you and said...just stop filling your face with crap and get off your lazy ass and exercise, you probably wouldn't have needed the band because it would have "hit home" as you stated! You ask why I'm here? The answer is because when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site, a site that should be a place of security and support. I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed! Life and people aren't perfect! I have also learned what happens to people who stand on pedestals. The world isn't kind, and neither are many people who don't understand a persons situation. Haven't we learned this by being overweight? Now that we've lost weight were going to turn in to the mean kid?

Hey Pot... Kettle here..... aren't you doing just what you said i was doing... You said: when I needed help the most, I thought I could come here and get support, but found there were certain people that were and as you call it "honest" and of very little encouragement or support. Because of that I stopped coming to a site. So now you have returned to the site, do you avoid "those" people that were mean too you? Good, you should surround your self with people that tell you exactly what you WANT to hear...... Me i prefer to surround my self with people who tell me what I NEED too hear.

You also said: I don't want negativity and finger pointing to discourage anyone else from coming here, like it did with me, and have them feel they have no one or no where they can be completely honest and get the advice they need to succeed!

I'm pretty sure that's what I and a few others were trying to do.... be completely honest.. so she can succeed...!!! And because of that i'm now "the mean kid". Being Judgmental are we?

I think you are wrong... the world is a kind place for the most part. It's just a lot easier to see the bad than it is to see the good.

Hey ladies, how about shrugging and moving on now? In a sense, you're both right.

I was raised to be courteous and respectful of others, by a mother who valued the truth above all and was very outspoken and by a father who also valued the truth but wouldn't say sh*t if his mouth was full of it. I think I've got some of each parent's traits in me, and at times I've felt pulled in 2 directions when trying to decide the "right" way to act in certain situations. So I can understand both your points of views.

Monitoring and adjusting our interpersonal behavior and communication styles is just part of being an adult. It's one of the things that makes life interesting. We don't have to choose between A and B. We don't have to all hold hands and sing "koom-baya", nor do we have to all bash each other with heavy clubs of our personal convictions. We can choose A and B and still be true to our own beliefs. Being challenged to act differently than we normally would doesn't have to start a war. It can be a learning experience, and it doesn't have to threaten our entire world view.

That's the way I see it, anyway, and I think I have the advantage of years of living over both of you little whippersnappers!

this is why i didn't respond back... Thanks ms jean I haven't been called a whippersnapper in years.... lol. But thanks all the same.

So I did just come back from seeing the surgeon. He said it most likely slipped. Since I do live kinda far he decided it would be best to empty it and for me to come back in 4 weeks to start filling it again. There was actually 4.8 cc in. I wasn't aware he put some in during surgery too. I was told usually it can just fix itself. I was told I have been losing about 2 lbs a week since surgery. I still avoid stepping on the scale.< /p>

So I did just come back from seeing the surgeon. He said it most likely slipped. Since I do live kinda far he decided it would be best to empty it and for me to come back in 4 weeks to start filling it again. There was actually 4.8 cc in. I wasn't aware he put some in during surgery too. I was told usually it can just fix itself. I was told I have been losing about 2 lbs a week since surgery. I still avoid stepping on the scale.

Be very careful of what you eat and how much in the next 4 weeks! This will make a big difference on whether or not a slipped band will fix itself! I wonder why he didn't do an x-ray to verify his suspicions? I personally went back to the liquid and mushy stage until mine went back in to place! Did he recommend anything to you?

All he said was just to have it unfilled and come back in 4 to 6 weeks. If after that I still continue to vomit then I will need an upper GI gone. Im definately going to take your idea of the mushy and liquid only. Im kinda tripping out now about eating.

All he said was just to have it unfilled and come back in 4 to 6 weeks. If after that I still continue to vomit then I will need an upper GI gone. Im definately going to take your idea of the mushy and liquid only. Im kinda tripping out now about eating.

When something like this happens I think we realize how important the band is to us! I know it was the eye opener I needed! Good Luck and keep me posted! If you have any questions or just need to vent, I'm here!

i respect the opinion of the people above... But' date=' We as society have to stop coddling our younger generation.....

and with all do respect... if she only has 2cc in her band and can eat all the "bad" stuff, then she can eat the good stuff. Some people are just not ready for the commitment.... she has only had the LB for a few months and i really don't think she has mastered HOW TO EAT... There is no way... She doesn't need an un fill... she needs to learn how to eat WITH the band... Although the doctor may give her one to ease the whining...

Do go to the doctor and tell him that ...... Tell him that you can eat all the bad and not the good... and see what he says.[/quote']

That's just not true. Every person is different and every band is different on different days. There are some days I can't eat chicken without it getting suck but I can eat a bite of cake and it's fine. Some days I can't eat lettuce, other days it's fine. I don't eat junk food often because I have learned how my fickle band works. Maybe all you need to do is learn out it works for you. Get some Fluid taken out if need be, but don't give up. You have already got this far. Keep trying. I'm almost 7 months in and still don't have the right amout of Fluid in my band, you just have to keep on trying till you get it right.

I am really regretting getting the lapband. I only have 2 cc in but even with so little I cant even eat real food. Salads, chicken, any fruits I will vomit. Only thing I can seem to eat and not vomit is junk food. So since getting surgery I totally feel like a bulimic. I want healthy foods yet its impossible to have. Only losing weight because of not eating. I look like I got hit by a train every day. Thankfully I can do my makeup to hide the bags under my eyes. I have absolutely no energy. Id rather be fat than have the lapband any day!!!!

I see from your updated post you went to the dr. I hope you will now find relief.

So I did just come back from seeing the surgeon. He said it most likely slipped. Since I do live kinda far he decided it would be best to empty it and for me to come back in 4 weeks to start filling it again. There was actually 4.8 cc in. I wasn't aware he put some in during surgery too. I was told usually it can just fix itself. I was told I have been losing about 2 lbs a week since surgery. I still avoid stepping on the scale.

Hi. I'm kinda new but am curious about what you said. The doc said the band may have slipped. So by him unfilling it, will that make your band go back to its place? I thought removal or an adjustment was the answer to that?

Hi. I'm kinda new but am curious about what you said. The doc said the band may have slipped. So by him unfilling it, will that make your band go back to its place? I thought removal or an adjustment was the answer to that?

I told him pretty much what I said on here. Basically I went from thinking I could use a fill to just the last week and a half of just throwing up almost anything I ate, I feel nauseous after I eat. But the foods I wouldn't usually eat anymore I could eat. (Who knows, I might be getting sick, I work at a pharmacy so got sick people hacking up a lung and sneezing around me all day.) He did say that I could either get a slight unfill but since there was not way to tell just how much would help he recommended just doing a complete unfill and starting the fills again in a few weeks. With the distance he said it would be the best option. I was told any time I start vomiting to just come in right away but since I waited it very well could have started to slip. He did tell me sometimes getting an unfill can fix a slip. Because I did not have any tests (x ray or upper gi) I am not 100% sure it was a slip.

Mkb, I'm gld you saw your surgeon and found a solution, even if it's temporary. The important thing is for you to get the nutrients your body needs. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Good luck, sweetie!!