Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I woke up with some discomfort but nothing bad. I took a look and it is one of the small incisions which is now bright red. It also has pus. Obviously my doc isn't in and it is not worth going to the ER. Should I put some Neosporin on it until I speak with them on Monday? I am scheduled for my first fill on Wednesday.

I think that you should call the doctor's office. There should be someone available to answer your questions.

I agree with FFP... Someone from your drs office will be on call... That's what we pay them for. ;)

I agree...there should be someone on call..Best Wishes hun..

Hi, Ladies. I just called the doc. Apparently this isn't uncommon with dissolvable stitches. When I go in Wednesday they may go under the skin to do some kind of extraction. Ewwww. But for now he said to use Neosporin and keep it bandaged. Thanks for all of your replies!

Thanks so much for posting this question. I too am 5 weeks postop and am seeing one of my incision sites getting red. Not tender, but raised and red. See my Dr. next week. I will keep applying my Neosporin.

I am 3 weeks out and just seen the doctor for this. He did say it wasn't uncommon but to make sure to clean it everyday with soap and Water. He told me not to cover it unless its soiling your clothes. 2 days have passed and it looks so much better and discharge stopped. Just take it easy and remember we're still healing!

Make sure to take care if it my infection was so bad so they had to removed the port it was all infected I'm having another surgery on jan 18 to replace the port

I am 3 weeks out and just seen the doctor for this. He did say it wasn't uncommon but to make sure to clean it everyday with soap and Water. He told me not to cover it unless its soiling your clothes. 2 days have passed and it looks so much better and discharge stopped. Just take it easy and remember we're still healing!

Actually, that is why he told me to cover it. I got blood and pus on 2 different bras. :-(

Thanks so much for posting this question. I too am 5 weeks postop and am seeing one of my incision sites getting red. Not tender' date=' but raised and red. See my Dr. next week. I will keep applying my Neosporin.[/quote']

Jen, I actually went back and edited this post because I woke up and it was just red, but dry. A few hours later I looked at it and it looked gross. It is already looking slightly better since I started with the Neosporin. Luckily, this isn't my port incision,

Make sure to take care if it my infection was so bad so they had to removed the port it was all infected I'm having another surgery on jan 18 to replace the port

That's awful! I m so sorry to hear that. Luckily, this is not the port site. Have you had a fill yet?

They had to unfill me when the dr took out the port so I gain some wight back can't wait together it fixed

I had the same thing at five weeks. I stated putting the neosporin on and it looked like it was better and then a week later is started oozing again. They are calling in some atibiotics for me today. I sure hope this works. I am so worried about having to have more surgery!

I wish u best luck with antibiotic ,

My dr try everything not to have another

Surgery but it didn't work so they removed the

Port & next Friday I'm having 3rd surgery

To put in a new port

I wish u best luck with antibiotic ' date='

My dr try everything not to have another

Surgery but it didn't work so they removed the

Port & next Friday I'm having 3rd surgery

To put in a new port

[/quote']

So sorry to hear that. Good luck. :-(