Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question about 6mo supervised diet-aetna

Your story makes me feel a little better, thank you

You're welcome! Mine only had a 4 month wait period though come to think of it. I have Aetna POS. I guess it all depends which company your insurance is through. It will depend on what they contracted with them.

I have Aetna POS and did the 4 month through my center. The office canceled my September appointment and I went October 1 and was told I'd have to start over. The office took the blame because it was documented that I had asked about rescheduling in September but because of the Jewish holidays, there weren't appointments. I had my surgery on 12/26. I was afraid to do anything but maintain a status quo weight-wise so I didn't really try to start losing until I went on the pre-op diet. I was afraid if I lost too much that they'd say I didn't need the surgery.

I remember them saying that if I went more than 31 or 35 days (can't remember the exact number) that I would have to start over and I needed to have my surgery by the end of December or I would have to start over. They gave approval very quickly after the center submitted my stuff so Aetna gave authorization before I was ready. I had to have some gum surgery and I wanted to get that out of the way and heal before undergoing band surgery.

I believe it was less than 2 weeks. It took 10 days or less I think. The approval came back before I was mentally ready for the surgery! :huh:

There was a questionnaire I had to fill out for the center doing my surgery and for the psych evaluation and my PCP's office supplied records and I don't even see my PCP that often.

I have Aetna ppo........I've had 2 of the 3 pre op appts so far and don't have a clear sense of what happens next. I'm very close to low end of bmi so unsure if they will give me a hard time etc... Any ideas?

I would let the doctor's office handle it since they deal with this stuff on a daily basis. They should know what they need to submit and if denied, how to go about appealing. That's how they make their money so it's in their best interest to get you approved. If you're really worried, just keep checking in with them and ask what you can do to help.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches