Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So during my last visit to my Dr I asked what I could do before my surgery. He handed me a 2 week liquid preop diet. He normally does not require one. I have been doing so well, but tonight I way overdid!! Feeling guilty!

Enjoy it? :) Now get your booty back on track!! It happens.. be careful because they want you to lose some weight to shrink your liver so it doesn't get in the way during surgery! and Grats .. you are so close! :D

Great advice from Destynee1. This will unfortunately not be your last slip, but the important thing is to get back on the wagon and try not to make the same mistake twice.

Good luck with your surgery.

That's a funny thing b/c I thought my Dr didn't order a pre op diet for everyone b/c I didn't have to do one and found out later yes he does.He just didn't feel I needed one. Another girl was in hospital room next to me and we were talking on one of our walks and she had the two week liquid diet. I had been dieting for 6mths though.

Back to what you're doing. He must have a reason why he wants you on a liquid diet and you best do want he says. You don't want him to open you up and then close you without the band. That does happen.

Get back on your diet, one time most likely won't hurt, but I wouldn't take any more chances.

Best Wishes!

Ouch, I am glad I did not have to do two weeks of liquids before surgery, one was bad enough. I did have to do a no carb diet before surgery for 2 weeks and I thought that was hard for me. I got a flu bug two weeks before surgery and when I felt better all I wanted was a grilled cheese sandwich. I a had it, and yes I felt guilty but it I am human and so are you so just refocus and start new tomorrow. Above post is correct they do want you to stick to this diet because they do want to shrink your liver and if the liver does not shrink enough it makes it near impossible for them to safely do the surgery as a lap. Good luck.

I have lost 13... Just worried wether I can do this or not. I convinced myself it was ok, it wasn't. I can't think that way and be successful! Have to stay focused, think i'm stressed about surgery :(

Thanks for being a sounding board!! :)

Debbie we all have doubts or at least most of us do. I was scared and afraid of failing and honestly my first few months were very hard for me. I went through a lot of emotional stuff in the beginning, I had no idea how much of an emotional attachment I had to food. I worked thorough all my issues and so can you, just blog your feelings and surround your self with a good support team and you will be fine. No one does this process perfect, we are all human and all just trying to get healthy. Good luck to you,

Of course you're stressed and nervous , I know I was. I think our minds are our biggest enemy sometimes.

Keep your eyes on the prize of a new healthier you!

Nervous means you are normal. Isn't that nice??? :)

You're doing great. Keep it up you will get there.

Ty!! :)

I start my liquid diet tomorrow. So get back on track and we will do it together!

I did great today! Just Liquid Protein and Water. Thank God for Unjury's chicken Soup flavor!!! A life saver, if u have yet to get it I strongly suggest it. Thanks for the support, by the way I felt yucky last night. :)

Did you order the Unjury or do you know a store that carries it? I looked on thier website and want to order some stuff just not sure what to get.

BTW great job on sticking with it today. We all fall from time to time, what matters most is that we get back up and on track. :)