Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Am I Not Losing???

OK quick question ! last week you all helped me by telling me smaller bites chew chew so i didnt get tht stuck feeling and IT WORKED! my thing is now.. and i dont mean to be a whiner! but it has been a few weeks since last fill and i feel restriction cant eat much at a time only eat 3 times a day protien first then vegies no junk i have been very strict ! Never really hungry but i eat my 3 meals morning is just a protien shake . that holds me for a long time then i have to remind my self to eat . any way i havnt lost 1 pound since the second fill????? what am i doing wrong? i also exercise once a day on my ddr and i clean houses for my job i do 3 a day and they are about 4000 sq ft that in itself is exhausting! any suggestions?????:help: OHH AND YES I DRINK MY Water !

you may be adding muscle. it all depends on what sort of workout you are doing. also, how many calories you are consuming. doesn't matter if you are eating in the right order, or anything like that. if you are still eating more calories, or the same calories, than what you are burning throughout the day then you will not lose.

i am sure you know all of this. just take a really good look at what you are eating. also measure in other methods than just the scale. measure your arms, legs, butt, tummy. are your clothes fitting better?

im doing ddr (dance dance revolution ) basicly its a playstation game you stand on a pad and follow the screen on th tv and it whips my ass lol mostly cardio! hm calories i dont really count but here is my basic food 1 small chicken leg half cup vegies or steak or fish or turkey nevr bigger than a deck of cards carbs maybe a half of baked potato once or twice a week .and im allowed 10 nuts for a snack a few times a week i hate fruit so i dont do that. now as far as inches hmm i have to say yeah i notice a big diference when i started i was a size 18- 20 and as of monday im a 14 pant even got into my 13 mudd jeans (they have some stretch to them) but i still can wear them and they arent tight! shirts i went from a 2x to a L and bra froma 44 d to a 38 d LOL damn i guess i cant complain about that stuff at all ! but why doesnt the scales move at all??? hmm maybe i should just hush up and be gratefull huh!:guess

it is because you are developing muscle. you are toning and building, and with that form of workout, you are buildiung the largest muscles in the body...the legs. it is not uncommon. you have had huge success with the fat loss as evidenced with your slimming bod. be happy. :scared: realize that you are losing, and try some other forms of working out. the body actually gets used to workouts that are done exactly the same every time. you actually lose less if you do not incorporate variety. do the ddr maybe 2x a week, bike or walk or run 2x a week, and do light weight muscle toning once or twice a week.

ty honie i have never exercised in my life this ddr has 50 differnt work outs and its a lot of fun but it does make since to switch it up i guess ! ill try that see what happens

Michelle, you are doing terrific! I believe, that when you are doing things right with diet/exercise, you'll eventually begin to lose again. Of course, there are medical reasons why folks that do things right, don't lose. However, overall, if you are doing what you need to do, then give it time. Sometimes, as in my case, I will go 2 weeks with no loss. Then the next week, I will lose 2-3 pounds. I end up averaging 1-2 pounds a week.

Good job. Shawn