Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Afraid Of New Look After Surgery?

Has anyone thought of how different they may look after losing weight. Will you be able to accept the new look? Will you look funny or sick? My best friend told me not to lose too much because my head will be big and my body will be little. She said I was going to look like Al Sharpton. My hubby on the other hand told me not to worry about that, he said wasn't you small before with that same head.

Hey girl! I think has been my biggest fear my whole life. I am 29 an I can't remember being under 200lbs. To me that is crazy! But because of that I don't Even know what I look like thin. My husband has never seen me thin and I bet the majority of my family hasn't either. This part scares me but it is also is very exciting because I'm curious to know what I will look like. Sounds strange but let the transformation begin!

I look drastically different but I am thrilled with the changes.

I do have a lot of extra skin and does make me look bigger, however the worst of it is on my tummy and I'm having a Tummy Tuck this spring.

I already have a baggy tummy -- four ten plus pound babies, two c-sections, and a lifetime of rollercoaster weight gain and loss. Part of my drive to get my band this year is because I want to have my tummy fixed when I turn 50 (so that gives me two years to find the new me). I have to say though, I am more excited than anything else. I have only lost a few pounds so far, but I found cheekbones I had forgotten were there. :P Bring on the new, saggy, skinny me. I think at least she will be able to do the stairs without gasping....

I was talking to my friend about it today and she told me about someone who had it and looks like a "bobble head" in her words. It got me thinking and sure I'm scared, but not enough to stop me. It's something I've always wanted and ill be damned if I let that fear of what I'll look like stop me.

We aren't meant to be fat, so we can't be born with "fat style" heads. Seriously, your head will fit your body just perfectly even down the road when you are slender and fit. Is your friend a bit jealous? Or scared of losing her fat friend?

Thanks for chiming in. I've been overweight I guess half of my life but been obese maybe since my second child 2003. I'm one of the people that has a lower BMI so I don't have hundred/s of pounds to lose so I don't foresee myself having sagging skin. Yeah that's what my friend sounds it bobble head, but I guess I will monitor my look and when I get to where I am comfortable I will stop.

Yeah, I think my friends friend that lost the weight was a male and she said that he was so think and lost it so fast that he looked sickly... His cheekbones were pert riding making his forehead and top half of his head look huge- hence the bobble head. However, I've seen people( people I know) that have that bobble head look also, however, they've all had gastric bypass not lapband and they lost weight very fast. Maybe that makes a difference

I remember being thin... 10 years ago after we got married before I got pregnant. I have a whole photo album of us in our first apartment we got right after high school. Me and my hubby in the hot tub with friends happy and smiling, me not being afraid to take pictures in a bathing suit...yes, good times! And as a result of the weight gain from both pregnancies, the effects of the pituitary tumor I had and then the weight gain from the meds to shrink the tumor, I have barely been in any pictures with my husband, kids and family since. I'm so ready to get my self confidence and self esteem back! Like shackwacky said, my tummy is already saggy from 2 pregnancies with each daughter being 9 pounds, one a vag. delivery the second being a c section because baby #1 got stuck on the way out, but hey, thats what the control body briefs are for! Hubby does love me though and is behind me if i want a Tummy Tuck 100 percent.

I would rather have people say " look at that chick with the big head" than " look at that chick with the fat @ss".

Bring it on!

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

I am so excited about how I will look! The only thing I really worry about is looking older. I don't want to look older.. but then if that is ever the case there is always ways to take care of it all! lifestyle life!? lol. its been way to long since I've been thin. I was never skinny, always a med/large in HS. but I felt good about myself.. Can't wait to have that confidence again.. I use to take pics with my friends/family and by my self.. posing.. now.. I HATE taking pictures.. takes awhile for me to approve a picture a friend can put on their Facebook of me. Terrible.. but I really hate the way I look.

I am so excited about how I will look! The only thing I really worry about is looking older. I don't want to look older.. but then if that is ever the case there is always ways to take care of it all! lifestyle life!? lol. its been way to long since I've been thin. I was never skinny' date=' always a med/large in HS. but I felt good about myself.. Can't wait to have that confidence again.. I use to take pics with my friends/family and by my self.. posing.. now.. I HATE taking pictures.. takes awhile for me to approve a picture a friend can put on their Facebook of me. Terrible.. but I really hate the way I look.[/quote']

I started on my skin regime now and getting into the dermatologist office for microdermabrasion and if necessary later, whatever else I need.

I'm on a full out, take-care-of-me stage!

Pre-op 275.9lbs -surgery 10/5 265.0lbs -11/11/12 241.8lbs

thats great hun! and I hear ya, I feel like there is so much to do!! sometimes I don't know where to start