Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Body Shapers

Does anyone have any experience with body shapers ? Waste of money ? I have been losing weight and started boxing here recently and someone at my job mentioned I should get one of those belly slimming bands (the ones that make u sweat so u lose Water weight ) she is thin so I don't think she understands that in my opinion the belly slmer will just roll down on me ...I have been interested in Spanx but they are so expensive ... Is it even necessary to wear shape wear at this pint ?? I'm less than 6months out and have lost 60lbs ... I will be at 6months on November 25th ...thanks for y'all's input :))

I wear Spanx sometimes. I also bought one of those panies that go from just under your breast to your knees. Love what it does on the upper and it stays put, doesn't roll down. but the legs ROLL up... dirives me nuts.

Lots of ladies swear by the Walmart Brand. I haven't tried them yet.

I Love my spanks when I'm dressed up! Otherwise, I don't wear them.

You should not wear Spanx or other control wear daily as daily wear can cause health issues. Save it for when you have a special occasion and want to look extra good.

Be thankful that we have progressed (theoretically) since Victorian times and we are not expected to be tightly laced into our underwear before we are fit to be seen in public.

You should not wear Spanx or other control wear daily as daily wear can cause health issues. Save it for when you have a special occasion and want to look extra good.

What kind of health issues?

I don't know if there is a Steinmart in your area but the Spanx there are only $9.99. I wear Spanx faithfully.

good subject...I to am looking for something...my flabby skin is getting ummm ummm...yea not to pretty but it sure beats fat rolls...

I did not follow the links but I have heard that wearing Shapewear excessively leads to nerve damage. Plus how many men do you know who wear shapewear? If I'm exercising 7 + hours a week and eating less than 1200 calories a day people can look at me like I am I'm not wearing a girdle.

Spanx is my best friend but with the band i find food goes down a lot slower with spanx on. just today i had them on at work, i felt my Protein Shake take a really long time to make its way down so i went to the bathroom took it off and then everything was fine.

my friend who also has the band experiences the same thing.

Im glad ive read this i am due to ve banded on the 27th and have worn shape wear on every night out as far back as i can remember. I hope to burn them when i reach my goal weight but i guess that depends on the loose skin issue. Thanks for the post :-)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches