Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hubby Is Going To Have Lapband Surgery I Have Lots Of ? About What To Cook Him After?

my husband is going to be having lapband surgery and I have tons of questions.

We have 3 kids ages 3 5 and 8 and then me and him. but my question is what types of meals do you all cook? I am overweight by about 50 lbs so could definitely benefit from eating healthier. but I am wondering is there meals you love to make? now that you have band. meaning like after u have gotten back to eating normal food. I guess how do i figure out what things to cook. ps i am a previous ww'er that hasnt done to well with cooking eating healthy.

thanks

he is 6ft and 343 and has sleep apnea as comorbdity only.

he goes the 28th for first visit with diet/psych people. so probably banded in march since he has to do 6 month diet per insurance but his primary said could change becuase he has done ww in past most recently from sept 2011-march 2012.

Congratulations to your husband for taking this step and congratulations to you for being such a great support person. You will make an awesome team!

Once he is back on normal food, he should be fine with most healthy choices, i.e. white/lean meats, fresh fruit and vegetables. The biggest difference will be his portion sizes - generally no more than one cup in total at any given meal.

These should form the staple of a healthy diet, but please, if he has nutritionist appointments as part of this process, then see if you can go along with him. Explain that you are the main food preparer in the home and that you need to have as much information as possible to support his journey.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!