Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Leaving tomorrow!!

Hey,

I'm leaving tomorrow morning for my surgery on Wednesday. :whoo: Thank you everyone for all of the information, ideas, suggestions, experiences, and insight. I've read many of your posts, and am extremely grateful to all of you for being so honest and supportive. Although we are strangers, we seem to have a common understanding. I'm a bit nervous and question my choice, but because of what I have read here, I feel I have the courage to do this.

Thank you all!

Lisa

p.s. Goodbye, Diet Coke! :cry :violin:

Good Luck Boo! You will do great:clap2: . I hope your healing goes well. Keep us posted so we know how you are doing. big hug:girl_hug:

Just wanted to say Good Luck and God Bless!!! You are so lucky to be embarking on this new journey. Try not to focus too much on the short-term pain and discomfort -- think of how you'll look in one year!!!

Good luck, Lisa and welcome to Bandlandia! Get home, lay up and heal up, don't worry about the weight. That comes off later.

Guest ASPHALT ANGEL

Good Luck Tomarrow. You Will Be HomE And Banded And Healing In No Time.

Healing vibes being sent your way. Take care of yourself! We're thinking about you...

So how are you doing?

Wow, I leave next Wednesday......hard to believe it's already here.

Thank you SOOO much for the encouragement! I am doing great! Dr. Ortiz' new surgical center is beautiful. And the care I received was very thorough. I am not really having that much pain. Don't even need any pain medicine. I'm just tired. Yesterday, my husband and I walked all around the costco in TJ. That was fun. And today we drove home, rented DVD's and am enjoying popsicles, chicken broth, and warm cider. Good luck everybody! I met so many women coming in for fills that were banded a year ago. They seemed so happy. Each of them said it was the best thing they had ever done for themselves. (Other than marry, etc.)

Please don't be scared! It really is not so bad! We are being courageous to make a better, healthier life for ourselves!

Lisa

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches