Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

hiya this isn't about lap band but on the thread about carpet stains you were saying you had floorboard's put in which i am considering next year, are they really kid friendly, you know what they are like for running things along floor i never minded being on my kid's back but i don't like to do it to my grandkid's they are for spoiling lol, also what about when people come in with stilletto heel's, just trying to get all the pro's and con's :confused:... jenny

Hiya,

We have floorboards through out the bottom level of our house and I love them. I wear high heels all the time and haven't had any dints that I've noticed. Floor boards are so easy to clean. My cleaning lady put me onto Pledge Wood Magic for mopping and it leaves a lovely shine and no Water marks.

I have just come home from hospital with my new band. Last night was a nightmare. I was vomiting and had migrains. It was dreadful but I'm pleased to say I am much better now. I just had an Optifast and feeling pretty full. How was your first few days?

We got laminate boards (not real timber) for the fact that they're virtually indestructible. There were about $100 per square metre so a tiny bit less expensive than a timber floor, I just knew it would be dinted and scratched very quickly. We're not take your shoes off when you want to come inside people - firstly there's nothing irks me more than being nicely dressed when you go visiting and being expected to take my shoes off at the front door and secondly we tried it as a rule for the kids and they just run outside in their socks and track dirt in anyway.

Cleaning wise it depends on your finish - ours is a little difficult because it shows trackmarks where you've walked if the light shines in it a certain way, drove me freaking insane at first but now I dont care. I bought myself a Hoover Floormate which is a big thingy like an upright vacuum and it squirts out small amount of water/detergent then squeegies and sucks it back up so washes the floor (really well too) and dries it in one go. Its made a humungous job of mopping the whole house much more manageable.

I've thanked the good Lord many times over for the fact that we dont have any carpet anymore. How many vomits can three children produce? For Pete's sake its at least a once a week occurrence in this house, and they're like that kid in the exorcist, it goes everywhere.

I did have to go out and buy rugs because the house suddenly was really dusty, just goes to show how much dust carpet anchors. I just bought really cheap ones, but they've done the trick and soften the look a bit because we've got lots of dark antique furniture, the boards are imitation merbau so a mid red.

We had to put all new skirting boards in, big job but worth it.

I love love love the floors. I waited 10 years for what I wanted and even though we want and need to move, I can hardly bear to think about leaving my floors, lol.

thank's girl's thank's for the input,fleur so pleased it's all over for you,yeah i was in a fair bit of discomfort for a while but as long as i took the pain killer's it wasn't too bad i couldn't take the Optifast really hated it just had the soup's ,up and go yoghurt's and v8 vegie juice, how you going with wind pain?

I'm not having any wind pain, just a bit restricted int he chest when I beath in. I'm amazed I didnt have anyhthing to drink until about 11am this morning and even then I wasn't really hungry. Did you have the same experience? When will I get hungry? - not that I want to!!!

hi fleur maybe you won't get any wind pain not everyone suffer's it, that was a long time with no drink you might not be hungry for a few day's while your stomach is swollen bit please try and make sure you are drinking enough and if you can sip on the v8 juices you will be getting some vitamin's cos i don't suppose you can swallow a Vitamin tab yet take thing's slowly and don't go running here there and everywhere as i know how hard it is with kid's ...regard's jenny