Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Took Some Personal Inventory....

PERSONAL INVENTORY.......

I'm 60 years old, soon to be 61

I have been banded for 20 months.

My PCP days according to his records, I have lost 100 lbs.

All of the medical problems that were slowly (quickly) killing me have all been reversed or eradicated altogether.

I am now running for 50 minutes, with a goal to get to 60. Plus the weight training.

I eat what I CHOOSE when I CHOOSE with little or no fear of ever gaining any weight back.

I eat, drink, work, play and exercise the same was as my slim / fit friends do everyday who are not banded. Difference between them and me is that IF I should ever fall off the wagon and attempt to overeat, I have the band as a "Secret" safety net that will make it physically impossible to do so.

Clothes, everything fits well no matter the style, all size mediums, and if I can say so, everything feels and looks good!

I have never felt to positive, upbeat and happy, and the confidence to do whatever I feel like I want to so.....Mental health as well as physical.

ALL THIS is a direct result to having the Lap Band Surgery, nothing else....and learning to not be afraid of the band and letting it do everything I knew it could do...In other words, "Listening to the Band" and let it be in charge.

I love this post!!! It gives me a lot of hope.

I'm 56 and I'm ready to get my life back.

Congratulations to you!

Thank you !

Amen to listening to your band !!!! Congratulation on everything, and yes you do look good !!!!! (and yes, you should give yourself a big pat on your back !) it takes alot of work for you to get to where you are, so way to go !!! keep it up !

Thanks so much for sharing your success story...and that it took your determination and motivation...along with learning how to use your band to do what it was designed to do!

Nothing is impossible if you decide you want it...and then have the motivation to follow through!

Congratulations...well done! What an inspiration to share...Thank you!

Thanks for sharing. Your story is an inspiration that will keep me going. I will listen to my band.

Inspired and excited by this post! Congrats and thanks :)

Your post is why I’m on this journey - and your post is what I hope to be my post in 18-24 months - THANK YOU for sharing from your heart.

AND......My Daughter's wedding is 4 weeks away...Today I went to get measured for my Tux....

Joseph Abboud "SLIM FIT" collection......I'm Psych'd!!!!!

/

/

/

Tux2.jpg

Ooo la la

Congratulations, and thank you for sharing. I hope I am as successful on my journey.

You are an inspiration to those of us who just started. That tux is going to look AMAZING!!

Yes, be sure to post picture of you in your tux. Please!!!!

What a wonderful post... Good for you! I know how it feels and I am sure you agree.... The feeling is better than you ever expected.