Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was off for 4 days. And I didn't eat big meals but I didn't eat right. I feel like a failure. I snacked a lot. I thought those days were gone. I'm ready to jump back on. I just don't know what happen. I have a dr appointment coming up but I'm going to reschedule. I don't want to be that patient that gained instead of loose. I paid so much money to fall off! I'm very disappointed. I had to tell somebody.

We are going to have those days, we just get through our "cheat day" and say that tomorrow is a new day to start fresh, we are only human:) I've noticed that I will go through a string of not so healthy eating and then I get my eye in the prize. Often I just try to exercise more to compensate ( not food practice) but it does help me get eating right. I have also been using my fitness pal app on phone which keeps me conscientious about food intake. Good luck and don't beat yourself up for this.

You probably don't want to hear this, but I think rescheduling your doctor's appointment would be a huge mistake. Seeing your doctor not only helps hold you accountable but it allows him to offer advice when you are having problems. If you reschedule just because you're afraid of the scale showing a gain, then you're going to keep rationalizing away your bad decisions. It's a slippery slope you're approaching right now but it's not to late to put on the brakes and choose not to go down it.

You're human. You made a mistake, we all do. But now is your chance to start over with a clean slate go forward, even though doing so means you'll have to be accountable for your mistakes so you hopefully don't make the same one again.

Best wishes.

you are being way too hard on yourself. Im sure your weight didnt come on overnight... it took a long time, as it did with me. Along with the weight gain we had wrong food choices and portion sizes. ...and to make things worse, we ate for emotional comfort. When you think about it, you didnt just have a surgery to put a band in, you also were put on the road for changes in every area that Ive mentioned above. This takes time... if you have a day where you slipped... just put it behind you and move on. AS for your dr... im sure he will understand completely what you are going through.. after all, he sees so many patients and knows the issues that come with lap banding. I agree that you shouldnt change the drs appointment. If you do that, it could open the door to the wrong approach even further. You dont want to do that. I tell you... you are NOT ALONE IN THIS. Every issue youve mentioned here im sure everyone of us has been there. i know i have. ive eaten more sugar the last month or two than ever before... so its an issue that cropped up with me and i have to deal with it. I can see on various emotional levels and physical levels, more than ever, what needs to change. i had no idea before hand. i think if someone had tried to explain everything in this area to me i wouldnt have completely understood. i had to go through it myself . Despite have issues with sugary confectionary... im still so happy with the band... and know that ive made the right decision. if my weight loss isnt up to scratch... too bad. it will come off eventually. Meantime im busy learning more about my psyche.... and dealing with it. Good luck, and like i said , dont be so hard on yourself.

I was off for 4 days. And I didn't eat big meals but I didn't eat right. I feel like a failure. I snacked a lot. I thought those days were gone. I'm ready to jump back on. I just don't know what happen. I have a dr appointment coming up but I'm going to reschedule. I don't want to be that patient that gained instead of loose. I paid so much money to fall off! I'm very disappointed. I had to tell somebody.

Gabby stop being so hard on yourself, I can guarantee the majority of people on these forums have had bad days me included. As the others have said don't cancel that appointment otherwise you will be cheating yourself of the help of your medical support team. That's what they are there for to help and guide you. There are going to be weeks of smooth sailing on this journey and weeks of challenges, we can't be expected to make all the changes overnight, it's going to take a while. So please don't cheat yourself by canceling your appointment, it is very crucial to seek help from your medical support staff for your journey to be successful also. I wish you the best!

I agree with Mis73! Do not reschedule! See your dr. & don't beat yourself up so much! I did the same thing recently where I fell off the wagon for 2 days. I was so scared thinking I'd lost my motivation and was heading for a downward spiral but as quick as it came, the urge to eat everything left. I got back on the plan & wasn't nearly so hungry or thinking about food so much. My 2 day binge made me gain 1.5 lbs but 3 days later I dropped 4 lbs! Go figure. Sometimes our bodies do funny things. It's just a bump in the road! Good luck. :-)