Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 Days Post Surgery And Worst Gas Pain Ever

Like I said I am 10 days out and have developed the most awful gas pains up under my ribs on the left side. I can't take a deep breath it hurts so bad. Gas-x isn't helping because I think it is operative gas, hot pads aren't working. I'm hoping lying down will be okay because I just want to go to bed and wake up feeling better. I feel fine otherwise, have been walking the last 3 days so maybe it all moved around to one place. Gosh, I can't wait for it to stop! Sorry to be a downer, but moaning to someone helps, in my head at least.

Like I said I am 10 days out and have developed the most awful gas pains up under my ribs on the left side. I can't take a deep breath it hurts so bad. Gas-x isn't helping because I think it is operative gas' date=' hot pads aren't working. I'm hoping lying down will be okay because I just want to go to bed and wake up feeling better. I feel fine otherwise, have been walking the last 3 days so maybe it all moved around to one place. Gosh, I can't wait for it to stop! Sorry to be a downer, but moaning to someone helps, in my head at least.[/quote']

Yikes. Feel better. I'm 1 week out...still

A little shoulder pain and had the under the rib pain, in my right side. Not to bad but still a pain in the ars. :(

I haven't had that since a few days after. A heating pad did help. I'm so sorry! I'm 12 days out and my port still hurts bad!

Pennie

I'm sorry I'm 1wk out now no pain under ribs my gas likes to hang out in my left shoulder sometimes it is pretty bad I hope you get some relief soon

Aww that's no fun. Sorry to hear you're still having gas pain. I'm day 10 post op as well and don't have any gas pain...hope you feel better ASAP :)

Think I'm going to call the doctor this morning. It's probably nothing more than a pulled muscle, but not being able to take a deep breath is not fun. Coughing, sneezing, and yarwning are excruciating

I experienced this just a couple days ago on my 6th post op day. I thought I was lucky and just skipped right over the horrible gas I've read about, boy did it hit hard. After 24 hrs of no sleep d/t the most horrible gas pains I discovered if I got on all fours on the end of my couch the gas shifted. I know it sounds funny but instantly in 2 mins I was so relieved. I was just like you couldn't breathe, walking constantly, taking gas x..... Nothing helped but that. So the next day I still had some residual gas pains and every time it got real severe and painful to breathe I just did my trick and then I was able to tolerate it. I know it sounds nuts but hope it helps. I learned gas pains are no joke lol :)) oh yea forgot to mention imy friend who had csec couple months prior also told me that was her trick also, which she would've mentioned that to me way sooner. Hope you get relief soon

Crconaway, that's basically what I did last night to get to sleep. I think all the walking I did yesterday just allowed the gas to all migrate to the highest point it could. This is supported by the fact that when I first got up I was almost fine but in the 4 short hours I've been moving around the pain has gotten progressively worse again. I see the doctor tomorrow for my 10 day follow up, so we'll see what she says.

Ok, so it wasn't gas pains. Turns out that extra prescription they gave me as I left the hospital wasn't prn like I thought! Rut Row! They were to prevent the gastroenteritis (sore, inflamed stomach) that I am not the proud (not) owner of. The aprn says it should be cleared up in a week. I guess I could have made this easier on myself had I know. Live and learn.

edit: that I am NOW the proud (not) owner of

Is there any way to correct a message you've posted?

edit: that I am NOW the proud (not) owner of

Is there any way to correct a message you've posted?

There is an edit button at the bottom of your message reply that you've posted if it's on a regular computer (near quote). If you are on a tablet or phone, you click the blue heading at the top of your reply and a list of 4 or 5 options is available (quote, edit, like, etc).

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk