Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am very nervous about lap band surgery. I have heard of the pros and cons. My first consultation is in a couple of weeks. I've heard horrer storie about band slippage, erosion, and reflux problems. I am 100 lbs over weight. I have ost weight and then gained it all back. I dont know if lab band is worth all the side effects that come with it. Help I need some advice.

I am very nervous about lap band surgery. I have heard of the pros and cons. My first consultation is in a couple of weeks. I've heard horrer storie about band slippage' date=' erosion, and reflux problems. I am 100 lbs over weight. I have ost weight and then gained it all back. I dont know if lab band is worth all the side effects that come with it. Help I need some advice.[/quote']

I have yet to be banded but for me it was a very personal decision have go through with having this surgery. Make sure you do a very extensive search on the lap band and how it works. It really is a huge commitment. Just know what your getting yourself into! Good luck :)

there is good and bad with any surgery. even getting a manicure or root canal is risky.

if you want help losing weight, this band could help you

its a tool that will help you get full quicker with fills.

its up to you to eat better foods than what got you to over 100 pounds over weight

i am bigger than you and after researching and discussing at length with my dr, i chose the band and its working

if you can get over the (is it worth the side effects and the complications that may or may not happen) and decide if you are mentally ready to make yourself well,

then it can help assist you to lose weight.

if not, you may just get bigger and bigger. i know i would have.

wish you all the best

I started off being 150 lb over my "ideal weight" and like you the thought of surgery scared me but so did the thought of having a heart attack at a young age. I put off surgery for a year because I chickened out. I was banded earlier this year and I won't lie I've had food get "stuck". Days I've had horrible reflux. Hair loss ???ž and just days where I miss junk food (personal pity party).

I'm thankful for my surgery. I was off all meds the first month after surgery. I have sooo much energy. So my "bad" days are just bumps in the road. It happens.

Best of luck to you.

I was scared and worried too when my doctor mentation lap band. It took me 2 years to make my choice and i am so glad i did it. I was 160 pounds overweight now i am just 80 pounds over. i have had no issues with my band but everyone is different. i feel so much better now than a year ago. i know now the weight i lose will stay off and my habits will become my lifestyle soon enough best of luck and do all the research you can

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches