Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

You'll be glad to know that I didn't eat the cow last nite, but I also didn't have my protien shake yesterday. I have had it today all ready and I have made very good decisions most of time about eating. I have not been eating between meals and sugar is also most never in mind anymore:clap2: :clap2: . Getting excited about my fill this week.

Since my 3rd fill I had on the 11th, I lost 6 pounds and can't wait to see what the scale says on Wednesday this week. I am only able to eat very small amounts of food now. My girls are looking at me like I am crazy. I cut up a half a chicken breast and barely get a 1/4 of it in and some bites of veggies before I am done, even then I might have to run to the bathroom. I know I have hit that "sweet spot" everyone talks about on my other site. I do sometimes get frustrated with it because mentally, I think I need more, but can't fit anymore. I have to get on the phone or do something in order to occupy my time. I don't like the emotional eating part of it all. I really struggle with it. I have been banded for 6 months now and I have a harder time with it after this fill, than any other. I think it is the problem of seeing the amount on such a small plate and then not being able to eat the amount on there.

I have been trying to excercise instead of eat. I think this is working.

Ok.. Fill number two was pretty uneventful.. They are v. happy with my progress and say that I am right on track. I'm losing 3.5 per week and they really prefer I don't lose faster than that. I am no longer a BMI of 50+ HOORAH!! I was a 49.8 this a.m. The day of surgery I weighed in at 331.5 and I know in Jan I was around 336+. Today I was 308 so Total weight lost is 32. Total lost from day of surgery 23.5.

My band holds 4cc's, last time they put in 2.2, today they made me an even 3. Again, this fill made a diff. I was REALLY hungry when I went in. You can't have anything in your tummy so I hadn't eaten yet but when I left I was FULL.

I have an appointment in three weeks with Morton again and also a nutritionalist. chicken & tuna don't always go down well (feels like I'm swallowing a v. dry golfball) & steak is a big pain in the butt to chew. I get really tired of chewing it so I end up spitting it out. This pretty much leaves.. well,za_fish.gifza_fish.gifza_fish.gif, cheese, Beans, hummas, eggs.. you get the pic. SO this makes getting in all my Protein somewhat of a challenge. Well of course i could live on CHEESE but that would probably impede the whole weight loss goal...ai_chewing.gif

I'm on liquids again for two days then work my way up to real food. I went to the pick yer own strawberry farm on Saturday and bought a gallon of THE MOST deeelish berries EVER. Well Todd's out of town and I can't have any until Wednesday and they were picked Saturday so I'll have to bring 'em to work so they don't go bad. I'll get some more this Saturday. I like to eat them on my salads.

One of the main differences this time from last time is when the numbing shot started wearing off at work, it started STINGING. I'm still stinging but I guess it will fade. I just put a new garfield band-aid over the spot and it already feels better. Now if I could just find band-aids with a moose on it....

I'm going to start tracking my protein grams every day. I need to get in 60-80. This should be fun.

Hi my name is sandy. I started at 320 and I am now 257. It has been 7 months. the majority of the weight came off before christmas. Getting the band put me into diet mode. but now it is a struggle. I am finally feeling restriction but in all actuality I could still gain. M&M's, Cereal and picking could sabbatoge me. (I am a school teacher who can't spell.) I constantly sabbatoge myself. actually I just wanted to intro myself. I think I might of months ago. what is PCOS? severe PMS?

Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's nothing like extreme PMS. It's usually a lack of menstruation or excessive. In most cases, it's lack of. Following that is infertility, hirsutism (excess male pattern hair) due to too much testosterone. Hormone imbalances are HUGE. Insulin resistance is the other big issue and a main cause for the weight issues.

Help any?

Hi everyone!

My name is Debra and I will be banded this Friday (April 27, 2007) by Dr. Spivak in Houston. I am 5'7", 400# with a BMI = 60. I have been overweight all my life. At 48 years old my health went to hell this year. I have high bp, bad knees, have had stress fractures in both feet, have one functional kidney and retain Fluid which causes me to have breathing problems. My bp is under control and my other issues should improve with weightloss. The kidney thing is another issue, but a proper diet will keep it healthy. I'm excited about this new journey in my life and am looking forward to making new friends. Your super-sized banster thread is a great inspiration...:girl_hug:

Hi everyone!

My name is Debra and I will be banded this Friday (April 27, 2007) by Dr. Spivak in Houston. I am 5'7", 400# with a BMI = 60. I have been overweight all my life. At 48 years old my health went to hell this year. I have high bp, bad knees, have had stress fractures in both feet, have one functional kidney and retain Fluid which causes me to have breathing problems. My bp is under control and my other issues should improve with weightloss. The kidney thing is another issue, but a proper diet will keep it healthy. I'm excited about this new journey in my life and am looking forward to making new friends. Your super-sized banster thread is a great inspiration...B)

:welcomeB: :cheer2: DEBRA, I started at over 400lbs too, and it can be done. I know you are very excited for Friday's band day. I will say a prayer for you that all goes well. As the weight comes off I'm sure alot of your health issues will subside.:)

Hi everyone!

My name is Debra and I will be banded this Friday (April 27, 2007) by Dr. Spivak in Houston. I am 5'7", 400# with a BMI = 60. I have been overweight all my life. At 48 years old my health went to hell this year. I have high bp, bad knees, have had stress fractures in both feet, have one functional kidney and retain Fluid which causes me to have breathing problems. My bp is under control and my other issues should improve with weightloss. The kidney thing is another issue, but a proper diet will keep it healthy. I'm excited about this new journey in my life and am looking forward to making new friends. Your super-sized banster thread is a great inspiration...B)

I was banded last month by Spivak - I love him! I also have only one kidney (birth defect).

I love this thread too - it is a great place to talk about things that people who have to lose 60 lbs. may have never had to deal with.

Good luck on Friday!

So... my cousin is getting married in about a month. I know beyond a doubt that had this news come to me before my band, my first response would have been, "I'm going to look like an idiot because I will never find anything nice in my size." My reaction this time - "Oh, a perfect opportunity to wear that new sundress I just bought!"

Guys, it's SOOOO liberating. In soooo many ways.

I can go into a store (ok, so probably not Black House/White Market or banana Republic) and pretty much know there's something there I can wear.

Why is that such a big deal? Because for nearly 8 years, there was no way I was going to find something that fit unless I was at a "supersize" store like Avenue, Catherine's, LB (and even there for a while there stuff didn't fit me).

I so cannot wait to have that be true for any store.

BTW< I had a nice little ego bump this weekend. Went to Dress Barn, grabbed a 20 and a 22, tried on the 20, and it hung on me. Grabbed a 16 (the smallest size they had on their women's side) and it was loose.

Now, I'm not a 16. I fall consistency between 18 and 20 for tops (except for Target, damn them, with the occasional 14/16 at places like Avenue or LB). And I'm 20 - 22 for bottoms. But don't think for a second I was tempted to buy that dress jusut because it was a 16. B)

Ugh, forgive my typos, I really miss the ability to edit!

That's great news Wheetsin:biggrin1: I can wear sz 18-22 it depends on how its made. I used to be sz 36/34:eek: . I love the feeling of being about to shop just about anywhere.

I can't even edit my sig either. I need to up my numbers of my workouts, and I weigh in in the morning, so I won't be able to subtract my weight either:angry

Hi all

I am leaving tomorrow for Toronto (about 2 hours from here) and then my surgery is scheduled for Thursday morning. I haven't really had any time to be nervous because I've been tying up loose ends at work and home (I'm leaving my 20 month old with my husband and he always needs a little help:).

I'm ready for this day and it seems like I've been preparing forever but now I can't believe the time is actually here.

See you on the other side!

deanna

Dr. Mumford Apr. 26/07

338/318/175

Deanna ~ Safe travels & good luck with your surgery!

Be sure to post your experience when you return!

We'll all be thinking of you!

What can you tell me about recovery from surgery? I know about the gas pain, suture pain, etc...Anything else I should know?