Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A thread for super-sized bandsters - starting BMI over 50?

Hi Everybody I have not posted on here for a while just been on February Bandsters I was banded on Feb.13th and doing pretty good but a little tender yet around incisions. I had a hard time getting Water and liquid meds down for three days then started on strained cream Soup and CIB but could not handle the CIB after I was on it for 4wks pre op I started on mushies about a week early and am doing good on them. I am eating oatmeal, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs, campbell's chunky soup. I have been losing well I Started out at 376 and after 4 wks of liquid CIB diet pre op I weighed 350 before surgery and 359 after.It must of been all the IV fluids and retaining fluids I am now 338. Good Luck to all recently banded

Terry

Hey.....Mississippi here also down on the coast, Gulfport. I had my surgery done in Mobile on Jan 19,2007. Since preop (3 Jan) I have lost

52 lbs. and since surgery 38 lbs. Take care and God Bless.

"W"

Sorry if this is TMI, but I know that some will understand how good this is... I haven't moved the scale in over a week BUT....

My first NSV ...... I suddenly realized today that I can wipe my a** without the turning and twisting that I had to do for the last year or so. WOW! I guess the inches are starting to come off!

Sorry if this is TMI, but I know that some will understand how good this is... I haven't moved the scale in over a week BUT....

My first NSV ...... I suddenly realized today that I can wipe my a** without the turning and twisting that I had to do for the last year or so. WOW! I guess the inches are starting to come off!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: THIS MAKES ME VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!

See if what works?

The bathroom thing was my first real "victory" too.

You can do it, just keep pluggin along and don't get

discouraged.

Starting BMI was 54, now at 24!

2 years post op, totally at goal.

210 pounds lost.

Life is good!

Hi All:biggrin1:

I haven't posted in here for awhile, but I read up everyday. Congrats to you all for the inches and lbs comming off :clap2: :clap2: . Lbs are nice to see, but inches are even better:D . I am struggling w/ the lbs part too, but was surprised to see my measurements shrinking:omg: . I am greatful, its easy to get discouraged when the scale doesn't move!:bored

Keep up the good work and never give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turner24

Well, it's the day before my surgery and this is how it's gone so far.

6:00: ah_shock.gifUGH.. wanted to wake up early so I could pick some things up at the store before work. Oh well, I'll at least be on time any way.

6:15: mmmmm I'm so glad I did laundry yesterday so I can wear my most favorite soft cotton knit pale pink shirt to work.aa_smile.gif

6:37 while in truck: ah_shock.gifACK! NO NO NO! an_angry.gifchocolate Protein Drink ALL OVER MY PINK SHIRT. Can I cover with my badge...ak_crying.gif WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ak_crying.gifNot even. Well, haven't passed Wal-mart yet.. I'll stop anyway and get new shirt. ak_crying.gif

6:50 in Wal-Mart OH MY GAH... I'm starting to cramp.. I can't BELIEVE I'm starting TODAY. Better get tampons and Tylenol, even though only ibuprophen works.. I can't take ibuprophen before surgery per Dr... Please let extra strength Tylenol work...

7:15 get to work... LATE wearing new scratchy, fit's a little big, pink shirt that isn't NEAR as cute and comfy as the one laying crumpled in the bottom of the floorboard with massive chocolate stains on it shirt.ae_sad.gif

7:30 stuffed 4 chewable Tylenol go tabs in mouth... cramping so bad I'm sweating and I want to punch something or tear all of my hair out... NOT exaggerating.an_angry.gif

8:00 Cannot concentrate on ANYThing cramping is so bad. Tylenol SUCKSae_sad.gif

8:30 ran into friend, Shannon in bathroom, she has a cherry pit heating pad that you heat in the microwave... temped to kiss friendxa_heart.gif

8:45 nuke pad for 3 minutes.. is so hot have to put thick papers on leg to protect but FEELS REALLY GOOD on left side that is somehow hurting worse than the rest of my uterus/right ovary. had two cups of BLACK coffeefe_coffee.giffe_coffee.gif

9:00 Call surgeon to beg him to let me take my ibuprophen.. left messageak_crying.gifak_crying.gif

9:10 they called back to tell me it was ok to takewe_star_shooting.gifwh_palms.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifzd_rainbow.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gifwe_star_shooting.gif

9:10 and 1/2 inhaled ibuprophen, reheated cherry pit thingy for the 3rd time and waited for some relief.xt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gifxt_clock.gif

9:40 FINALLY getting some reliefaa_smile.gif but feel loopy for taking ibuprophen on top of four Tylenol.

11:00 life is back to normalac_cool.gif except for incredibly annoying new pink shirt that rides up and makes my already huge rack look three times as big....ah_shock.gif and the burn spot on the left side of tummy.

1:13.. time for more pills. I'm not eating at all today.. just doing my EAS shakes. Be glad when tomorrow's procedure is done and over so I can quit thinking about it.

I am still trying to copy my tickerwXT2qxzbut as you can see.....NO LUCK!

HELP!!!!!:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

"w"

Synicalchick, I really enjoyed reading your post:heh: Wishing you a very blessed band day:biggrin1:

:)

:)

WOO! Yeah! I am looking forward to this day. In the meantime, liquid soaps that are soothing on the skin: Baby Magic Baby Bath, anything by Crabtree and Evelyn, anything by Bath and Body Works... all this for that extra special bit of freshness.

Synicalchick, I really enjoyed reading your post:heh: Wishing you a very blessed band day:biggrin1:

One day, ONE DAY, we should meet and dance like nobody's watching!

We are probably only an hour's drive away from one another.

I'm rooting for you.:clap2:

I just wanted to put in my new stats!!

As of today I hit onederland!!!!

It has been a road and a half, but so worth it!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

358/199.2/179

:attention:AWESOME AND AMAZING YOU! ;-):clap2:

:attention: :attention: