Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

7 days since being banded and still on all liquids tomorrow can switch from Clear Liquids but still all liquids for another week....Anyways constantly the last few days getting horrible hiccups?? They have been painful other then today (starting to heal) because I feel like my stomach is going to rip open. Anyone else have hiccup problem?

I still get them sometimes. When I do it's usually because I'm stuck. It does seem to help (the diaphragm is contracting and I think everything in there is working to get the stuck bit through).

Are you drinking too fast? I've only had them once and it hurt SO bad but I realized how I'd been drinking without thinking. Now I'm careful to be careful and haven't had again. I am so sorry, I know they hurt. Good luck to you!! I'm 6 days out.

I experience hiccups several times a week...mine are not painful. I regard them as a soft sign that I have reached my limits with my meal, and stop eating. I will sometimes get them while drinking Water, a sign for me to slow down with my fluids.

I've never experienced a stuck episode with food.

Ok thanks for the advice. Hadn't thought about me drinking too fast but maybe I am...I will try and sip slower. That is hard super hard for me to get used to especially with this Texas summer heat.

I get hiccups almost every day. Sometimes, there are just a few and sometimes they go on for awhile. Like Sojourner, I tend to get them when I've had enough to eat. i hiccuped the other day and my husband heard and asked "what did you eat?" ^_^

I got them a lot for the first month after surgery. Now just when I eat or drink too fast. They are no longer as painful usually which is good :)

hey there! my surgery was july 3 and i totally feel your pain! =( i also had a hernia fixed and at first i thought the hiccups had to do with that. but 'LBT ADDICT' is right on the money... mine were due to gulping liquids instead of sipping... hope you feel better soon!

I get them a lot!!! Maybe I am drinking to fast!

No burps or hiccups at all post-op. I get pressure build up at the top of my stomache that feels like a burp or hiccup and then nothing happens. It's a little disappointing. I think it'd be weird not to ever have either again!