Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food no-no s

Are there any foods, that you just can't eat because of the lap band?

I was wondering bout nuts and seeds?

Typically bandsters have problems with breads, fiberous fruits and veggies (celery, brocolli, pineapple, oranges, etc), any kind of dry meat (most uses low cal dressings or gravies to help this), and peels or skins (potato skins, plum skins, grapes, etc).

I haven't heard of anyone having troubles with nuts or seeds. In fact, almonds are a great high Protein, low fat snack. Just be aware that nuts and seeds are typically very high in calories. For the same amount of calories, you could be having 4 oz of hard Protein which will keep you satiated longer.

bread rice Pasta unless I chop it up tiny, meat any kind even cooked to death with gravy is still impossible, anything with a skin, tomatoes prunes etc

I dont eat anything I cant break with the side of my fork and I stay pain free

even yoghurt is a bit gloopy and you have to eat it slowly

can eat rice pudding though but not ordinary rice

I can eat pretty much what I want as long as it is chewed to a complete pulp before I swallow it. If I don't have my food to the consistency of a thin paste before it goes down I have issues. What is comes down to (for me) is how much time I really want to spend chewing on one small bite....and is it worth it.

with all of these food no-no's its a wonder how people fail with the lapband.. how can you over do it on food when your not eating bread, pizza, meat, and your not eating it at the speed of lightening?? -lol

according to all the data I have read about food no nos -- besides icecream, I cant think of one tolerable food that would have someone pack on the pounds.

of course when you need to think about it, you cant remember.. but I know that I will probably be consuming some melt-able empty calories sometime later... ugh

heheheh

I think its an individual thing. The only thing I've found that I definitely can't eat, is gnocchi. Its a no no for me all the time. Other than that, I can tolerate bread some days, some days I can't. I can do peels (potato, grapes, apple, etc) just fine. I've heard some people say they have issues with salad .. I eat salad daily.

I'm definitely restricted though and if I eat too fast I know it.

No bread unless it is toasted almost black. I can eat one slice of thin crust pizza sooooooo most of the time i Only eat the toppings with a fork. the crust gets stuck even if i chew slow. Sometimes I can eat cake but it can not be really moist. No donuts. No fried pork chops, fries, or fried chicken. I have to eat my fries from the oven.

Just discovered I can not do scrambled eggs. Which is too bad, I was hoping for egg salad, and well, the egg is just a perfect little Protein.< /p>

Maybe later or a different form from scrambled, or maybe I just didn't chew enough.....shrugs.

with all of these food no-no's its a wonder how people fail with the lapband.. how can you over do it on food when your not eating bread, pizza, meat, and your not eating it at the speed of lightening?? -lol

according to all the data I have read about food no nos -- besides icecream, I cant think of one tolerable food that would have someone pack on the pounds.

Its called "calories from beverages" which is what got me at first, who knew milk and fruit juices had SOOO many calories. Now I stick to coffee and Water (crystal light). The world is full of invisible sneaky calories (the ones that are in things advertised as healthy). So this is how ppl fail without being able to "junk food"

My nutritionist says that scrambled eggs can be a problem because of the air whipped into them. To make egg salad just dice the hard boiled eggs fine and that may work for you.