Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cost of WLS in the US

Ok, I am trying to decide what the benefits and cost difference is in the US vs. MX.

If you did self pay in the U.S. please help me with some insight on a few things if you can:

1. Cost of surgery

2. Cost of fills

3. Name of Dr/Facility

4. Good/Bad or otherwise about your surgery

I have been in contact with several doctor's both in the US and MX and can't decide :omg:

I'm pretty sure I am fixed on Dr. Ortiz in Mx, but I want to make sure before I place my appointment.

Thanks for all your help :)

Make sure you are also getting the costs of all their pre-op tests. Good luck on your decision process! And welcome to LBT. Plus, depending on your BMI, that might take you out of some Doctors in the US.

Ok, I am trying to decide what the benefits and cost difference is in the US vs. MX.

If you did self pay in the U.S. please help me with some insight on a few things if you can:

1. Cost of surgery

2. Cost of fills

3. Name of Dr/Facility

4. Good/Bad or otherwise about your surgery

1. $15,ooo ($5,800 for the Surgeon and his assistants, $9,200 to the Surgery Center.

2. Fills and office visits covered for a year, if you lose 50% of your excess body weight, the the second year is also covered. Fills after that are $200.

3. Dr. Spivak, Houston, surgery performed at the Physicians SurgiCenter of Houston.

4. Scheduled for Monday, March 13th. I will let you how it goes.

Good Luck to you!:)

1. $12,900 ($4,900 for the Surgeon and his assistants, $7,500 to the Surgery Center and $500 for the anesthesiologist).

2. Fills and office visits covered for 1 year.

3. Dr. Thomas Lavin, Covington, Louisiana, surgery performed at Fairway Medical, which is located directly behind Dr. Lavin's offices. Website is www.whyweight.com

4. I'm extremely pleased with my band and have no regrets. I've had no problems and have lost 62 in (almost) 6 months.

Best of luck to you.

I am a "self pay" also... I am to be banded at The Wish Center, San Antonio. It is costing me $10,700. Includes hospital (1 nite), surgeon, anesthesia and pre-op testing. Fills are $110, but I am lucky because my PCP is able to do them for me in his office.

They just received their $$ today, so I go in for my 1st consultation next Monday.

I will let you know after I have surgery how it goes.

Good luck to you!!