Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help My Doctor Doesnt Want To Give Me A Fill

I was banded over a month ago and I went in today thinking, or rather hoping I would get a fill but also knowing probally not gonna happen today from a prior discussion with my doctor but then today he told me he wants me to email me in another month if Im not loosing weight I can get a fill but if I am then I will need to wait longer. I dont quiet understand I am doing this on will power. Is their anyone out their successful who never needed a fill or didnt need a fill for several month. I am just looking for support and hoping Im not alone and that this is normal. I know I should trust my doctor but Im a bit frusterated cause I havent lost a single pound in 9 days.

I was banded over a month ago and I went in today thinking' date=' or rather hoping I would get a fill but also knowing probally not gonna happen today from a prior discussion with my doctor but then today he told me he wants me to email me in another month if Im not loosing weight I can get a fill but if I am then I will need to wait longer. I dont quiet understand I am doing this on will power. Is their anyone out their successful who never needed a fill or didnt need a fill for several month. I am just looking for support and hoping Im not alone and that this is normal. I know I should trust my doctor but Im a bit frusterated cause I havent lost a single pound in 9 days.[/quote']

If next time you're in, you are still losing because of your dieting, stress to the Dr. Otherwise, just keep learning better habits.

My doctor decides whether to fill or not not only based on weight loss, but also a questionnaire we fill out at every visit on what we're eating, how often we're eating, how long it takes to eat, how often we're getting hungry, what exercising we're doing, etc.

Mine did based on how long i stayed full. He asked how long you can go with out feeling hungry.... i said about an hour or so..... FILL.... Even though i was losing... it was only a few pounds a month. I was a slow loser. Before my TT i had 10.5.... then the removed it all for the surgery. Went 8 weeks with nothing... got 5cc and then 9 weeks later i got another 4cc.... so i'm back up to 9, but i feel like this is a good place for me right now. I can still eat, but it's stopping me from eating the bad stuff again... bread, rice, pizza.... etc.

Maybe tell him how starving you are and that your afraid of over eating. Heck .. it worth the try. Stand your ground.... tell him even though he's the Doctor, this is your band and your life.

Good luck

I have heard of other doctors doing this, and quite honestly, it's baffling. If a patient is still hungry and able to eat big portions they should have the option of a fill. Otherwise, what's the purpose of being banded at all if you're forced to work off sheer willpower? The band was made to be filled.

My surgeon always asks me two questions: 1. Are you able to go at least 4 hours without being hungry between meals and 2. Are you satisfied with a cup or less of food. If I say yes to both, then no fill. If I say no to one of them, we discuss the reason for it and decide together if I need a fill. If I say to no both, I get a fill. Whether or not I'm losing weight is completely irrelevant if I answer "no" to either question.

My experience is similar to the above posters. My doctor wants to know how long I can go without being hungry, and also how long does it take me to eat a meal.

My doctor also goes by how much you eat ,how long you stay full it's a learning process with hard work exercise and good eating habbits it comes off also weight once a week like on friday because I went thought a stage where I weighed myself to much you make me feel sad stopped weighing so much and before I know it lost 2-3 lbs a week.

Wow..my doctor doesn't even question me...I mean I fill out the survey about eating habits and all but no one ever asks me about it..I am in total control of when I do and don't get fills..not sure if cuz I was private pay..but I just started paying for fills with this last one...it's so interesting how different each doc protocol is.

Yeah I tried talking to my doctor about it and he wants me to lose the weight by mostly diet and im a bit frusterated cause if I was great a diets i wouldnt have been banded in the first place. Granted I eat much healthier and avoid take out. I will eventially fail if theirs never any cheat days. Another frusterating thing is his goal for me is 150. Ive gone from 217 to 189 and Im 5'4. 150 is still considered over weight for me and just last year I was on a diet and went from 236 to 145 and as soon as I stopped dieting and eating actual food I gained the weight back. Im not sure why he wants my weight to be that. I really want to be like 135 but he doesnt want me to go that low. He says its about health not weight. Im just so confused right now. I dont want to feel hungry and fail at this. I know this is considered bandster hell but I thought I would have gotten a fill by now and the only thing my doctor seems to go by is if your loosing any weight but ofcouse if Im stuck on this very bland diet, meats without sause or seasoning, bread without buttet or jam and vegitables with out dressing and Im excersizing Im probally gonna lose weight. yogart has to be plain ect.. ect.. oh and no sugar ever not even fake sugar. I'm so confused. Is the idea so I learn to eat to survive vs. eat to live maybe sure but to have to eat like that my whole life. What if I want to go out to eat with my hubby on our amniverssay I cant. I knew this would intail alot of change but I guess I just didnt realize how much. I thought it would be more like a calorie and amount thing, like not seasoning on my chicken why? it doesnt increase the calories, i understand the sauce. Is this the same for everyone?

I was told in the start my weight should be 110 to 125 pounds today I weight in at 159 pounds and I look like slim slim see my neck bones also 5'3 I have went from 22/24 to 8/10 I believe if I didn't have belly skin I would be smaller got to work on that so you should know how your body looks good and family will tell you and friends also I have people tell me I know you are losing weight but I think your to small.