Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hooray! Support For A 32 Bmi!

Im getting LB on June 27...5 days away! I have 60 lbs to lose and my mom thinks I'm crazy. Actually I feel she thinks I'm just lazy and taking the easy way out. I should have her read some of these posts, it's NOT easy! I've been gaining more than losing on all the diets, acupuncture and hypnotherapy. I'm always hungry! I'm ready for a change! Healthy weight here I come!

I have a little over 60 to get to my highest "healthy" BMI, and I would totally opt for the band at my current weight. I didn't understand when I first started what a lower BMI would look like, but now that I'm getting into the lower 30's, I can see why people with lower BMI's would opt for it. I am still fat and unhealthy.

I am starting at a BMI of 35.6 and am so glad I have this option. I have fought for three years to get my weight back under control after losing 100 + pounds. Nothing I did was working and now I am looking forward to a BMI below 30. At a 35+ BMI I have knee troubles, borderline blood sugar and other issues. I certainly don;t see it as an easy way out having major sugery.

This sounds crazy but I miss wearing high heels! I'm afraid to break them! Lol! I want to cross my legs! I want to be fit and healthy.

I am starting at a BMI of 35.6 and am so glad I have this option. I have fought for three years to get my weight back under control after losing 100 + pounds. Nothing I did was working and now I am looking forward to a BMI below 30. At a 35+ BMI I have knee troubles' date=' borderline blood sugar and other issues. I certainly don;t see it as an easy way out having major sugery.[/quote']

When is your surgery?

June 27th is a GREAT day to have your surgery! It will be my one year bandiversery and I've lost 102 lbs!!!!! 4 more to go. Best of luck to you. I wish I would have done this when I just had 50 to lose.

June 27th is a GREAT day to have your surgery! It will be my one year bandiversery and I've lost 102 lbs!!!!! 4 more to go. Best of luck to you. I wish I would have done this when I just had 50 to lose.

Wow! Congratulations on your great success and just 4 to go?!!! Awesome!

I am in the same boat as you. I have a bmi of 31.7 and had my band today. Feeling good. Cannot wait to get back into my size 6 jeans!! Struggling for a few years and could not lose any of the weight after infertility treatments and a pregnancy.

i only wanted to lose about 50 too so i felt a little crazy having the sugery, but i'm so glad i did it! i didn't want to wait until my weight go a lot higher or i had other health complications. now that i'm close to goal though, i'm wondering how maintaining my weight is gonna work...

There is nothing easy about making the commitment to gave lapband surgery and the behavior changes that accompany it! I wish people understood that this journey is a tough but rewarding road!

I already am feeling so much better and have nothing but more positives to look forward to.

I still have a way to go to get to a 35 bmi, but know when I get there I will still have a way to go! Good luck ladies and keep up the good work.

When is your surgery?

It was June 5th

I am having surgery July 20. My husband is supportive....not so with my daughter. I have 60 to lose for normal BMI. She thinks I should just diet......I have been overweight most of my adult life....only time I have lost significant amount of weight was with diet pills. I now have high blood pressure. I want to be healthy. I want to fit into normal size clothing. I want to be able to walk more than a block without getting out of breath. Yes I am apprehensive but at the same time I am excited for my new life!

I have 60-65 lbs to lose and I'll be banded on August 23rd. This is definitely NOT the easy way out. I want a permanent solution. I lost 68 lbs two years ago but managed to put back on 40. I need something that will better assist with me not REGAINING. I'm committed to exercise I love running although I am slow but less weight hopefully faster! LOL

Just curious how you all have done since u posted. It's been a while and I'm starting now (10/26 banded) where u all were back in June. I'm a 32 bmi and opted for this for all the same reasons you've listed. Any points of encouragement?

I am with shellymariposa --- any long term low-bmi'ers? I am getting my surgery in one week, and would love to hear how you have done! Shellymariposa, how did the surgery go and how are you feeling?