Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

:( 8 Months Post Op Not Doing Good!!

Hello everyone, I got operated back in oct 2011. The first 3 months I lost about 30 lbs. I felt encourage, I loved to c the scale going down. Somewhere after that I fell of the wagon n can't seem to get back on. I allready gain back most of the weight I haven't gone back to my doctor at all planning to go maybe end of month if I can come up with the money for the fill this would be my third one. In the last fill I told the doc I didn't feel like I had any restriction n I can mainly eat anything . I'm trying to get back on track but unsure how to . Was thinking to maybe again start with the preop diet n then go from there. Was also hoping to get ideas for what to eat. Thank u all

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk ;)

You have to work with your doctor. I found that out the hard way, not going for a year and gaining 20lbs. The band doesn't work the same for everyone so you have to work with your doctor to get at the right spot for you. And it doesn't work the same all the time. I know for me changes in my health, mood, stress, all affect my restriction. Until you can get to your doctor, follow the meal and exercise plan they gave you (I hope they gave you one) and stay away from empty calories and sliders. Stay encouraged!

Definitely go talk to your doctor. Once you get the right amount of fill in, you'll feel the restriction you need to assist with losing weight.

Good Luck!

I remember in my seminar, they said the number one reason for failure was not following up with your Dr. Make an appointment, it so important to keep you on track. Make sure when you eat you are eating protien first. It really does fill you up and keep you fuller longer. You need to get back to the basics of the band and get in and see your Dr.

My brother had band surgery 3 months before me. He lost 80 pounds with no fill in his band and he has never been back to his Dr. He thought this was great. I've lost 152 pounds in 2 years and I bet I've been to my Dr. 15 times. He's put every pound back on....?

I agree with all the above posters. Go see your doctor! Work with them and get a fill! You will be back on track in no time

OK, I'm going to pile on with the others. See your doctor asap! You need a fill or 3. I could eat anything I wanted the first 4 months but I resisted. I lost 12 lbs the first 3 weeks but due to being able to eat all I wanted, I didn't lose anything the next 3 months(even though I had 3 fills). Then i got a fill(#4) that brought me closer to restriction. The next 2 fills finally got me to the green zone. You can't go on like you are as it's just like not having surgery.

Remember, "It's still just a diet till you get restriction". And we all know how well we've done with "Diets".

See your Doctor :angry:

tmf

Does your doctor have a Lap Band group meeting? Ours has a monthly meeting and a weekly weigh in. That is what helps me stay on track. It really holds me accountable for what I do each week and at the meetings, you hear from people who have had the band 5 years+ or those like myself that are pretty new at this. Their stories and support help me realize I am not alone and they also have great ideas for recipes. If yours doesn't offer it, try looking up another Bariatric group in your area and see if they will let you join. I know we have some in our group now that had the realize band and were not getting the attention from their docs that they needed and transfered over to our docs and group. I pay nothing. It's kinda like AA for over weight people :P Support from any means, I think is crucial to your sucess, regardless of where you get it from. But you also have to want it more than anything else as well.

Just the fact that I am able to get off my meds and buy new clothes feels awesome and my relationship with my husband is so much better, I have to admit, because I am a much happier person now. Good luck to you.

All of the above advice is great. When the band is properly filled, losing and maintaining the weight is actually not that hard. You really have to make a committment until you get to this point.

i was banded shortly after you were (dec13th, 2011) and i just had my 6th fill 3 days ago. Everyone is different as to how many fills they will need, but you HAVE to make that commitment to see your Dr for fills and followups. You didnt gain that weight overnight and its not going to be lost overnight. I was hungry alot too lately, so i commited to that 6th fill and may need another in the future. Its an ONGOING journey. Also the tech told me to google "Glycemic Index" for the best foods that fill you up. Its very helpful ! So far im down 38 lbs, i hope you see your Dr soon and watch the scale go down , down, down !! good luck !

I am sorry your fills are costing you ,,, mine were 60.00 after the first 6 months. But when I think of the money I spent on crap every month. Like those giant diet cokes, Hardees Sausage biscuit, McD Fish sand with large fries and a blizzard from DQ almost everyday .. Well now my husband says I am a Cheap date. I order Soup or a baked potato or a piece of fish when we are out and eat some of his huge portions of Protein and lots of times I just drink Ice tea and lots of Water which I a carry everywhere . Many times when I am not home I just wait until I get home to eat the little bit I eat.

So while I don't know your circumstances if you have come this far GO TO YOUR DR.....no matter what it cost..