Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Notice A Difference

I have to say with losing 60 lbs I have started to notice people treating me differently. I wonder if I hold my head higher or carry myself with more confedience. I am happily married but I do notice men looking more than they use to. I guess what I am saying I am feeling better about me and I think it is showing! Anyone else noticing things?

Dacoop,

Congratulations on your weight loss! I once lost 135 lbs on the L.A. Diet and know exactly how you feel! You will definitely become more confident and it will show in everything you say and do! The most important thing to remember is never lose sight of who you are inside. Your family and friends love you for that person. Be sure to ensure your hubby how much you love him too, because he might feel a little threatened with other men taking notice!! LOL

Dennis

Dacoop' date='

Congratulations on your weight loss! I once lost 135 lbs on the L.A. Diet and know exactly how you feel! You will definitely become more confident and it will show in everything you say and do! The most important thing to remember is never lose sight of who you are inside. Your family and friends love you for that person. Be sure to ensure your hubby how much you love him too, because he might feel a little threatened with other men taking notice!! LOL

Dennis[/quote']

I know what you are saying I have seen people get the gastric bypass surgery and soon they aren't even the same person. I am staying in touch with who I am and what I stand for. Its just gonna be a much healthier version of me. My husband knows how much I love him because I tell him all the time. He is happy for me getting healthy and just loves that I am happy! He is getting healthier with me because the food in the house is healthy but he is along for the ride. I was just asking if other people are noticing changes around them as well. Hope you are doing well on your journey as well!

Since losing just 34lbs, old friends look at me kind of weird...like they can't quite put their finger on it. The ones that have been through the journey with me (co-workers and family) give me lots of support.

I feel so much better already. Just going in the closet and grabbing a pair of pants that never fit before and putting them on with ease is so cool. Makes me happy!

I would say that with my loss so far, I have gained some confidence. I've gone down three pants sizes and am proud of myself and don't feel bad about my weight anymore. I have taken pictures since almost the beginning and can see a definite difference in my shape.

I think people will treat you the way they perceive you. If you are confident and happy, you will probably get more attention/compliments/praise than if you are withdrawn.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches