Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

This Plateau Sucks!!! What To Do? Suggestions??

ok ladies and gents, i have lost 50 lbs since surgery which was dec 23rd.. But i have been stuck at that 50lbs since about the middle of April! I eat right, i stay around 1000-1200 calories and i work out every day!! I would LOVE to lose about 50 more but it just doesnt seem to be nudging! Does anyone have any suggestions. Oh and i think i have about 4-5 cc's in my 10cc band. When your in the green zone does it seem to fall off again?? I start going to a new doc on the 4th but im afraid he wont fill me since its my "new doc" appt :(((

Ami

Ami, I am not sure there is a right answer here. I do understand your frustration. I was stuck also from last summer until this past January, I had a fill and then the weight started to fall off again. I can't explain it, I was doing everything right, eating and exercising. I searched the forums looking for answers. The one think I did start doing was logging everything I ate faithfully, and I do mean everything I put between my lips. Even the tastes of something when I was cooking or just a bite of this or that. The other thing I did was increase my Protein to 90-100 gms per day and decreased my carbs to less than 80 perday. I am not sure what worked, the fill, the really looking at what I was eating, increasing my protein or decreasing my carbs. What I really think worked is the last adjustment, and really being in my sweet spot (green Zone) I honestly don;t think I had ever been there before this past January. Also, you may think this is odd but I have no idea how much is in my band, I lost track along the way and all I know is what ever is in there now is working. Point to my long winded comment, do not get discouraged and stay focused you will start losing again. Keep up the good work.

Thank you so much.. i also weighed 252 when i started and i cannot seem to get under 200 lbs :( i did make it to 198 but gained 6 lbs after running a 5k and am stuck at 202 right now :( I also am not sure what is in my band bc the last time i went in i thought i had 4 but when he pulled everything out including the 1cc he was going to put in there was only 4cc in the needle :(( so somtimes i wonder if my band is leaking:( i sure hope not!!! i guess we will see what this new doc says and i also really need to start using my fitness pal again!!! Thank you again!!

Ami

I am also on myfitnesspal.com, several of us from this group are. Join us my user name is the same as on this site. LovetheNewMe.

i just tried to add you and it said i was already your friend :)) LOL

lol, it is hard to keep up with everyone on here. ;-)

I hate plateaus, too. I have been on one since February. I will be the first to admit, I have NOT always been good, but never varied within 2 pounds of the plateau. I, too, exercise - weights, zumba, Water, etc., but nothing is helping. To add insult to injury, I had to have Fluid removed from band week before last because some stringy chicken got "stuck" and nothing would go down, and everything I tried to eat or drink came up. NOW I have gained a TRUE two pounds and am disguested with myself.

I am, as of today, writing down everything again, including all exercise and calories burned with that - staying net between 1000 and 1200 - just like you. I had gotten very slack with it.

Are you still writing everything down? Are you drinking carbonated drinks? My issue right now is fresh fruit - it is blueberry, strawberry and peach season. Almost pure carbs, so I am cutting them out and making sure the calories are almost all Protein.

Do you see yourself in any of these scenarios?

Hope you break through that plateau soon. I'm sure you will.

Carymom

yes all of them LOL... Somtimes i find myself getting back into old habits :(( I did not think about the whole fruit/carb thing i eat a big bowl of fruit for lunch... I really need to eat more Protein i HATE cooking though!!! No i am scared to death to drink cabonated drinks LOL I cannot wait to be full on a little bit of food!! hopefully soon :))

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches