Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who Is Pre Op Dieting Over Memorial Day??

The situations i keep running into is having an alcoholic beverage! Im doing great on my diet not very hungry at all just resisting the holiday party is whats hard for me!

The situations i keep running into is having an alcoholic beverage! Im doing great on my diet not very hungry at all just resisting the holiday party is whats hard for me!

My surgery date is May 29... Right now that seems like an impossibly long time from now... Tomato Basil Soup sounds so good! Honestly I never knew chicken broth could be my favorite meal of the day!

How's everyone doing.... This sucks so so so bad!!! I swear time has slowed. It seems much worse at night... Still sticking 100% but so ready to throw in the towel, I won't but dang I want some food!!!!! I may never eat Jello again!

oh i hear you on the jello... I start my pre-op tomorrow and I *really* hate Jello. But I figure it will be something that I'll just have to deal with. I'm so not looking forward to it. Jello is unnatural. It's made out of horses hooves. Who came up with the idea to eat that? *shudder*

It's made out of horses hooves. Who came up with the idea to eat that? *shudder*

oh my bad.... it's not horses hooves. it's pig skin.... that doesn't make it sound any better. :-)

I am 11 days into my three week liquid diet. I will admit I have cheated a bit by having a small bite out of what ever my boyfriend is eating that day and I hope that won't ruin it for me. I have had a very hard time with this diet. I have list 15lbs so far. Not that I am hungry... I just have the worst cravings. I too am going to stay home while my boyfriend goes to a barbecue.

I am also on the liquid diet and surgery date is June 5th holding on strong!! I look at food now as a weapon and choose to stay away!1 These liquids are something else!!

My surgery is on Tuesday!! I was hungry last night and do I went to bed before 9pm lol...of course I woke up early but I'm taking the pup to the park and keeping busy!

day 5 of my liquid diet........so good so far...........when i an hungry, i drink my Protein. not to mention my popsicles and chicken broth. still not a fan of Jello but have eaten two or three. like kah, i do find myself going to bed earlier also. surprised i am doing this well bit it sure helps having people out there and on this forum going through what i am and knowing that i am not alone. def feel doing that semi liquid diet has helped me do as well as i have at this all liquid.< /p>

must say a big thank you to my ole man for eating in the other room during meal times. thats very nice and thoughtful. :wub:

Nice twist for Protein Shakes. Freeze fat free milk (if your allowed it) into milk cubes). When mixing your shakes in the blender add 2/3 cup milk and 2 milk cubes; and some regular ice cubes. When you blenn everything together it makes a nice shake/frappe. I'm almost tempted to make one this weekend since I had an ice cream craving yesterday. (I'm almost 2 yrs post op).

Good luck everyone. The hospital I am getting the surgery done at directs patients to do a 1000 calorie diet. Basically the best way to do this is two Protein shakes and a smart one, also allowed 2 cups of veggies a day.

liquid is tricky because you could put down 2000 calories on liquid easily. The key to shrinking the liver is limited calories. Becareful with the shakes. A normal shake could range from 250-300 calories or more. fruit juice etc all has calories. I have had 8oz of baked chicken and some kidney Beans for dinner. Going on day 5 of 14 and down 10 pounds.

Good luck also best Protein is powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury.com. Tastes the best and mixes great.

my surgery is 29th.also and ive been on the liquid diet of only 500cal.and i had my head hurt for four days off and on.so stick with it they go away

I remember towards the end of my pre-op diet feeling very "loopy", almost like I was drunk! Keep it up, you guys can do it!!!

on day 7 of my liver diet.....not hungry...seems strange that i am not (ravenous).

here i thought i would be and slobber dripping from my mouth. but not the case.

the first 2 days was hard on me. (i think doing a 2 shake/day and 1 meal) helped

get me use to (not eating) and drinking my food.

so far so good.

all the best to everyone :)