Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had my surgery on 4/20/12 and I had my first fill of 5cc on 5/13/12 now I'm have a lot of pressure in my left side of chest. I don't know what this could be.

Tracey Sher

Is it high in your chest or towards the bottom of your rib cage? Last Friday I went to the ER because I was having such excruciating pain in my left side right under my rib cage. They did a scan and xrays and everything was fine. I figure it was a really bad case of trapped gas. I hope you get to feeling better.

Always call your surgeon for new/severe pain. That said....

I get pain just below my rib cage on my left side. Sometimes it can be pretty stout. My surgeon says for me, it is gas. It is also a signal to me that I have eaten too much. Unfortunately, I don't get the pain until it is too late.

Like Jess & Cocobean, I've gotten that left side under the rib-cage runners cramp pain on and off. It's definitely gas for me, my doc showed it to me on my esophogram — there was this huge ball of cotton-candy looking fuzz there, about the size of a softball.

As for pain higher up, that could be that you're over filled. I just had my first fill today (3.5cc) and had to go back and get 1cc taken out. It felt like when you tie a rubberband tight around your finger and it turns red and throbs? At first it's like, wow, look at that. Then after a while it just aches and feels like it's going to fall off! Immediately felt better with 1cc removed, but I'll tell you, I'm still not 100%, though I'll wait a day to see if the pain I'm having is just tighness from drinking some broth or that my band is still too tight...

Not sure this is the same for everyone, but this was my experience.

Thank you all for your help. My pain is under my boob like in the ribs. I'm bealching a lot so I guess it gas. It fells better after a bealch. But then it starts up again. So I just have 2 wait until this goes away. I hope it will go away. Thank you all again.

Thank you all for your help. My pain is under my boob like in the ribs. I'm bealching a lot so I guess it gas. It fells better after a bealch. But then it starts up again. So I just have 2 wait until this goes away. I hope it will go away. Thank you all again.

HOW ARE U ABLE TO BELCH? I would give ANYTHING TO BELCH JUST ONCE! THIS GAS PAIN IS KILLING ME!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

HOW ARE U ABLE TO BELCH? I would give ANYTHING TO BELCH JUST ONCE! THIS GAS PAIN IS KILLING ME!

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

My muti viatime n Calcium I take it twice a day n that is what makes me belch. It's called nutraMetrix.

It's not your port site is it? I'm seven days out and my port site still hurts

No it's not the port site. I never had any problem with pain. I never even felt like I had surgery. Now I got this fill I'm having the pain in the lower part of my left side it's right where my ribs end. I hope u will be felling better soon.

Hi i was banded on may 8 & on the second day after my Sergey I was feeling so bad the pain was also below my rib cage, I immediately call my sis in law because she was also banded about four years ago, she told me it was gas trap & for me to buy gas x strips & I would feel much better, sure enough about 30 to an hour I felt much better & i haven't had that trouble since, but I sure will keep them in hand..

Hi i was banded on may 8 & on the second day after my Sergey I was feeling so bad the pain was also below my rib cage' date=' I immediately call my sis in law because she was also banded about four years ago, she told me it was gas trap & for me to buy gas x strips & I would feel much better, sure enough about 30 to an hour I felt much better & i haven't had that trouble since, but I sure will keep them in hand..[/quote']

Thank you I had the gas x strips I bought them last night but that just moved my gas from my left side to the middle of my chest. It does fell better thou. I just want this to come up. I'm going 2 keep using the gas x. Thank you again.