Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some tricks that I have used and they worked...

• Bend over and then stand back up again and hold your hands over your head stretching up
  • take several deep breaths
  • I keep papaya enzyme with me all the time. if you have those chew a few up. It should help the food digest and go down.
  • walk around

I hope you get it down. It is a miserable feeling. Fortunately each time I have gotten stuck I have done the things mentioned here and it only lasted a couple of minutes. Good Luck!

And take care afterwards because you may have inflamed your esophagus. Stick to liquids for a few days.

About 1 cup of Doles pineapple juice does it for me everytime. Start out with small sips of the stuff until you are comfortable with taking swallows. The acids losen whatever is stuck and trust me you'll feel when its gone. Jake

Some tricks that I have used and they worked...

• Bend over and then stand back up again and hold your hands over your head stretching up
  • take several deep breaths
  • I keep papaya enzyme with me all the time. if you have those chew a few up. It should help the food digest and go down.
  • walk around

I hope you get it down. It is a miserable feeling. Fortunately each time I have gotten stuck I have done the things mentioned here and it only lasted a couple of minutes. Good Luck!

I wish I had read this 1/2 hour ago, Just ate some chicken for the 2nd time got stuck, guess Im done with eating chicken. Could be I just got a fill last week and now at 7 1/2, but all I know is I dont want to go thru that for a 3rd tme

I just bend over at the waist & cough, over a sink. It comes up. I've used the papaya enzymes before, they are good if I'm not majorly stuck. I've heard about the pineapple juice but I don't usually have much luck with drinking while I'm stuck; it seems to make things worse.

About 1 cup of Doles pineapple juice does it for me everytime. Start out with small sips of the stuff until you are comfortable with taking swallows. The acids losen whatever is stuck and trust me you'll feel when its gone. Jake

i must remember this... i had an episode last night. i did the stretches and bent over... it was an hour before it settled at all. not nice at all.

does it feel like tightness in ur chest? i took a tiny nausea pill nd im feeling tightness n my chest and very ugh,lol i dont know how else to describe it then ugh

I stick my toothbrush down my throat and make myself throw whatever is stuck up. NOTHING else works for me. I'll break out into a cold sweat till I get it out.

Marci

I stick my toothbrush down my throat and make myself throw whatever is stuck up. NOTHING else works for me. I'll break out into a cold sweat till I get it out.

Marci

i hope it never happens to me again but i will remember this.... i had an awful experience last night. it did frighten my hubbie a bit. he wondered '' what on earth...?""

Depends in what's stuck. meat just has to come back up. No more sirloin for this girl! Softer foods I usually put hands on head and hate life until it is over.

Happens more often when I first wake up and try to eat. But if I fail to chew properly it can happen. Or eat too fast. I forget sometimes about the band. Mostly because I'm an idiot. LOL. Not really, but I sometimes do the thing where I pop food in and forget to chew it enough. Only happens once and I remember really fast that I can't do that!

Nothing helps me but throwing it up... the pain and discomfort is too bad to avoid it. It happens when I eat too fast or don't chew enough. I am 6 months post-op and I probably throw up 4-5 times a week. Anyone else?

I have had food stuck in the past and aside from dealing with the pains haven't actually gotten sick. (Not gloating at all)

What does help after whatever method you chose is, Children's "liquid" Ibuprofen. It has an almost numbing effect as you drink the proper adult dose. Additionally stick to liquids for a few days after felling unstuck...

Nothing helps me but throwing it up... the pain and discomfort is too bad to avoid it. It happens when I eat too fast or don't chew enough. I am 6 months post-op and I probably throw up 4-5 times a week. Anyone else?

Yep, sounds like me! I throw up frequently (well, not as much lately. But when I was too tight I was throwing up at least once a day, usually more). The worst was the time when I was in court (I'm a court reporter) and I had to pass a note to the clerk to ask the judge for a break, I HAD to go throw up. Ug, I hate getting stuck at work!