Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Op And Gaining!!

Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? Also wondering if I'm not eating enough calories... hmmm.. whichever it is, I'm only down 10 pounds since surgery. I started out @ 339 pounds and eat mostly Protein throughout the day, not many carbs. And calories are usually less than 800, but I'm usually not hungry between meals. Any suggestions?! I'm really starting to question getting the band in the first place... :(

Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? Also wondering if I'm not eating enough calories... hmmm.. whichever it is' date=' I'm only down 10 pounds since surgery. I started out @ 339 pounds and eat mostly Protein throughout the day, not many carbs. And calories are usually less than 800, but I'm usually not hungry between meals. Any suggestions?! I'm really starting to question getting the band in the first place... :([/quote']

Well, im 5 yrs out, gained it.all back, had more.aggressive fill Friday, hope it works. Have NO clothes.that fit and feel like crap!

Well, im 5 yrs out, gained it.all back, had more.aggressive fill Friday, hope it works. Have NO clothes.that fit and feel like crap!

Awwweee!! I really hope you do better. Keep me posted and good luck!!

Ok,.still.figuring out how to.work the droid forum here. Anyway thx for encouragement! Im sick of of not being able to.have.any clothes that fit, embarass my.son at.school, and have no.energy!

what did they give you for a diet? First 2 weeks i was on liquids only then week 3-5 was puree.

I mostly ate fat free yogurt, pudding, cream of wheat, tuna, low sodium Soup, popsicles

I lost 35 pounds in first 5 weeks.

What kind of liquid calories are you consuming? I also only drink Water, Vitamin Water or coffee with splenda and skim milk

Just wondering if anyone else is dealing with this? Also wondering if I'm not eating enough calories... hmmm.. whichever it is, I'm only down 10 pounds since surgery. I started out @ 339 pounds and eat mostly Protein throughout the day, not many carbs. And calories are usually less than 800, but I'm usually not hungry between meals. Any suggestions?! I'm really starting to question getting the band in the first place... :(

Well, like most of us you probably lost a lot of Water weight at first. Water weight comes back sometimes when you get off of your liquid diet. Please give your body some time to adjust to introducing solids back.

I am 3 week post op on tuesday the 2nd. There was 4 days were i did not loose and gained .5lbs. I found that I needed to add different things to my diet. The same 5 foods were not going it for me. I used the food processor to gring up canded chicken. I added it to my eggs. It kept me full longer for sure.

Keep strong and it will start to fall off when we can get out first fill.... MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING YOUR Water IN. Add me as a friend and we will stay intoutch since we started this at the same time.

AJ

Sometimes you need to play with your diet to find what works for you.

First, are you on real foods or still on mushies? That makes a big difference because mushies limit your choices, making it harder. Also, the first month after surgery is about healing rather than weight loss and it's not uncommon for people to gain a little before they get a couple fills and have some good restriction.

With that said, everyone's body looses differently. Some do great with high Protein, others can still loose while eating a lot of carbs along with their Protein. The same is true for calorie intake. Some will lose like crazy consuming less than 1000 calories, others need more. But, if you're not getting enough calories, it will greatly slow down your metabolism. 800 calories a day seems like a very small amount.

I was consuming about 1000 calories a day and my weight loss suddenly slowed. I increased it to 1100-1200 a days and now the weight is just melting off again- I lost 23 pounds in the last month. For me, I needed more calories to kick my metabolism into working.

How did you add the ticker ...

what did they give you for a diet? First 2 weeks i was on liquids only then week 3-5 was puree.

I mostly ate fat free yogurt, pudding, cream of wheat, tuna, low sodium Soup, popsicles

I lost 35 pounds in first 5 weeks.

What kind of liquid calories are you consuming? I also only drink Water, Vitamin Water or coffee with splenda and skim milk

Well, first day post op was liquids of course, then 2 weeks of puree, 2 weeks of soft, and then to regular. I am now going into my second week of soft food. I will get my first fill this Friday coming up. As far as liquids, I drink mostly water, about 1-2 cups of coffee a day. I'm CLOSE to the ideal patient!! LOL.. I say close because I do have 1 sucker a day..

How did you add the ticker ...

Umm.. I didn't know I did.. lol.. I will look at it again...

Sometimes you need to play with your diet to find what works for you.

First, are you on real foods or still on mushies? That makes a big difference because mushies limit your choices, making it harder. Also, the first month after surgery is about healing rather than weight loss and it's not uncommon for people to gain a little before they get a couple fills and have some good restriction.

With that said, everyone's body looses differently. Some do great with high Protein, others can still loose while eating a lot of carbs along with their Protein. The same is true for calorie intake. Some will lose like crazy consuming less than 1000 calories, others need more. But, if you're not getting enough calories, it will greatly slow down your metabolism. 800 calories a day seems like a very small amount.

I was consuming about 1000 calories a day and my weight loss suddenly slowed. I increased it to 1100-1200 a days and now the weight is just melting off again- I lost 23 pounds in the last month. For me, I needed more calories to kick my metabolism into working.

Thanks for the advice!! I did notice that on what day in particular, I ate a little bit more, and I lost almost a pound the next day.. (That was back when I was weighing daily.. I know better now) Also in the past, I never did well with low-cal diets, I always gained weight then.. so maybe its the same now...

That is much different then the diet plan my doctor had.

I was:

Clear liquids day 1-3

Liquids day 4-14

Puree weeks 3-5

Solids but slowly introduce week 6

I have had no adjustments yet.

Trade that sucker for a sugar free one.

Also are you drinking fluids 1 hour before and after meals? only 3 meals per day?

Thats another thing he insisted on.

I have followed my Dr to a tee and had no issues

Thanks for the advice!! I did notice that on what day in particular, I ate a little bit more, and I lost almost a pound the next day.. (That was back when I was weighing daily.. I know better now) Also in the past, I never did well with low-cal diets, I always gained weight then.. so maybe its the same now...

Oh, I'm still on mushies...

That is much different then the diet plan my doctor had.

I was:

Clear Liquids day 1-3

Liquids day 4-14

Puree weeks 3-5

Solids but slowly introduce week 6

I have had no adjustments yet.

Trade that sucker for a sugar free one.

Also are you drinking fluids 1 hour before and after meals? only 3 meals per day?

Thats another thing he insisted on.

I have followed my Dr to a tee and had no issues

I drink fluids 20-30 minutes after meals, per my nutritionist, and I'm eating like 5-6 mini meals per day, again mostly consisting of Protein. I only eat the 1 sucker a day if I have a craving.. lol.. Also, my nutritionist said to aim for at least 60 Protein, and no more than 60 carbs per day. I think I'm way below the carb count.