Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting It All In.... How?

I am suppose to have 75-80g of Protein a day. Since I am on creamy liquids that's not a problem, Protein shakes w/milk. Protein powder in yogurt, etc. But..... starting Monday I am suppose to add some "real food". With a 1/2c stomach, how am I suppose to eat food and still get all the Protein? The following Monday, all restrictions will be off, How do I get it all down, I'm not even hungry as it is???

Never dreamed I would be worried about not eating enough, what a new life, and I'm so excited!! lol

PS I am down 14 pounds since I started the pre-op liquid diet to today (3 days post op). I am feeling really good except when my Corgi jumped on one of my incisions. Still having gas pain in my shoulders though, but I know that shouldn't last.

Everyone is different & I would always recommend following you drs advice. That being said, I still drink Protein drinks daily as I am not crazy about meat. I also do dairy & Beans & lentils, etc. I love the Premier @ costco & they have 30 g of Protein & 160 cal, 5 g carb, 3 g fat & 1 g sugar. I usually have a couple a day & sip on them. At first I could drink a whole one but not now. I was banded 9/7/12. I've lost 75 lbs & have not had any issues. Actually, I seem to be losing less hair than I did before upping my Protein & taking all Vitamins daily. It's a learning process but so worth it!

Good luck!

I am suppose to have 75-80g of Protein a day. Since I am on creamy liquids that's not a problem, Protein shakes w/milk. Protein Powder in yogurt, etc. But..... starting Monday I am suppose to add some "real food". With a 1/2c stomach, how am I suppose to eat food and still get all the protein? The following Monday, all restrictions will be off, How do I get it all down, I'm not even hungry as it is???

Never dreamed I would be worried about not eating enough, what a new life, and I'm so excited!! lol

PS I am down 14 pounds since I started the pre-op liquid diet to today (3 days post op). I am feeling really good except when my Corgi jumped on one of my incisions. Still having gas pain in my shoulders though, but I know that shouldn't last.

i havent been given any instructions as to how much protein etc etc i should be having but i know that i battle... mainly with just the fluids. i never drank enough before and now its a bigger issue.

regarding the gas pain.... i still have it in my left shoulder. its a very sensitive guide telling me when im hungry, and when ive had enough. i dont mind that at all now. i know if the pain comes back then theres something i need to be aware of. im post op nearly 7 weeks now. ive started on solids. just. MInd you, even though ive got no fill in i have to be very careful with meat and fish. i need to chew a very small mouthful about fifty times before i can get it down. then i have to wait at least 25-30 seconds before another mouthful. other foods arent quite as bad.

What foods you can tolerate varies so much from person to person - as well as over time. It takes a lot of careful experimentation to find which foods you can eat successfully. I think one of the easiest to start with is scrambled eggs... And I think it's still best to start your day with a Protein shake if you can. Your body has fasted during your sleep period and needs some quick nutrition. Most people have trouble with solid foods directly after waking with a properly restricted band. A quality whey product is best IMO. You just have to find a product that to suits your palate.

You're also less than a week out so as you heal your going to find you can probably eat far more than you are able to today. In fact, most people's hunger comes raging back before the end of the first week.

Brad

im not a big meat eater either, but i dont measure my Protein either. i just make sure i eat my protein 1st and fill up on fruits and veggies next. i have found a few favorites. besides eggs, Peanut Butter and Protein Shakes i also love Bruce Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs and Oberto's teriyaki turkey Jerky. i get both at costco but you can probably get them at your grocery store. because of all the protein im getting my hair has actually gotten thicker and healthier ! Bonus ! Good luck !

im not a big meat eater either, but i dont measure my Protein either. i just make sure i eat my protein 1st and fill up on fruits and veggies next. i have found a few favorites. besides eggs, Peanut Butter and Protein Shakes i also love Bruce Aidells chicken teriyaki meatballs and Oberto's teriyaki turkey Jerky. i get both at costco but you can probably get them at your grocery store. because of all the protein im getting my hair has actually gotten thicker and healthier ! Bonus ! Good luck !

how long have you been banded.. ?? sorry, ive forgotten. so you dont rely to much on meat for protein?? im starting to wonder if i can. i put some lamb chops in a slow cooker for about 6 hours. they were cooked slowly and the meat was tender... but when i ate one mouthful it got stuck. i chewed like there was no tomorrow.. lol. but it still got stuck. it took about 15 minutes to clear. it put me right off eating my tea. i just made a Protein Shake. So.. now ive discovered that fish poached, lamb slow cooked, dont go down well with me. i know im not six weeks banded yet. maybe it will change?/ i hope so. i like my meat. How does the jerky go?? i would have thought it would be very tough and stringy??

Everyone is different & I would always recommend following you drs advice. That being said, I still drink Protein drinks daily as I am not crazy about meat. I also do dairy & Beans & lentils, etc. I love the Premier @ costco & they have 30 g of Protein & 160 cal, 5 g carb, 3 g fat & 1 g sugar. I usually have a couple a day & sip on them. At first I could drink a whole one but not now. I was banded 9/7/12. I've lost 75 lbs & have not had any issues. Actually, I seem to be losing less hair than I did before upping my protein & taking all Vitamins daily. It's a learning process but so worth it!

Good luck!

im finding that i really do like Beans now. im having lentils, chick peas, baked beans... and i know that there is way more i can buy, at the moment im having them. im enjoying them .

I used Protein Shakes daily for the first year and ate quite a bit of chili.

judych, Ive been banded since Dec 13th, 2011 and im very lucky that i can eat almost anything. The only things that have bothered me was a chicken breast that was too dry, a certain thick potato chip (expands) and i had a bad reaction to a couple of sips of a strawberry margarita(cheap tequila). Nothing else has bothered me including different kinds of meat. I found the turkey Jerky was fine as long as i chewed it well and it was'nt as tough or stringy like beef jerky is . turkey jerky is a little softer and not as salty. i eat very small amounts of fish , chicken, steak,pork chops, hamburger, turkey bacon and sausage etc. My hubby does most of the cooking but is diabetic so almost everything we cook is diabetic friendly. Hope this helps, good luck !

judych, Ive been banded since Dec 13th, 2011 and im very lucky that i can eat almost anything. The only things that have bothered me was a chicken breast that was too dry, a certain thick potato chip (expands) and i had a bad reaction to a couple of sips of a strawberry margarita(cheap tequila). Nothing else has bothered me including different kinds of meat. I found the turkey Jerky was fine as long as i chewed it well and it was'nt as tough or stringy like beef jerky is . turkey jerky is a little softer and not as salty. i eat very small amounts of fish , chicken, steak,pork chops, hamburger, turkey bacon and sausage etc. My hubby does most of the cooking but is diabetic so almost everything we cook is diabetic friendly. Hope this helps, good luck !

hi pink dahlia.. i do hope that im like you eventually. im very sensitive for someone who hasnt got any fill in yet. i havent had much meat yet because of the bad experiences ive had. im trying to make it up with having lots of chick peas, Beans etc. i really do enjoy them which is great.

you are lucky that your hubbie is a good cook and diabetic aware... i wish my hubbie was . he is useless in the kitchen . ive spoiled him over the years. im going to have a long talk with my dr on the 7th. thats my first fill. one thing. i was able to have a couple of very small cheddar biscuits which was lovely. i really do enjoy them. i know that they arent good for weight loss but it was great to taste them again.