Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Day 5 Post Op

Ready2BFit
Sign in to follow this  

Hello Springers. I pray you are all doing well. Just wanted to give you an update on my progress. Let me say that things are going well but it has been extremely hard for me to drink the 64 ounces of Water daily. On yesterday, I had the worst back pains and a friend of mine who is a doctor stated it was the lack of water. So, I immediately started with Skinny Water (Electrolytes and Vitamins) and started feeling better. I haven't been walking much around the house, but I did walk significantly on yesterday after church. Did I mention they had fried fish, french frys, green salad and pound cake after church? OMG it was so hard, but I just sat there with my husband and son while drinking my gatorade. I was extremely proud of myself. However, later at night, we went to Coldstone Creamery because I wanted to treat them and broke down. My husband and son both love the low fat sinless ice cream and I couldn't have a drop. I shed a few tears, but my son reminded me that in 5 weeks we can have some together. So it has been hard, but I am doing it.

Well the great news is that on today I started the 1/4 cup three times daily full liquid meals. So this morning around 10:20 I had 2 ounces of grits (water down) that took me 40 minutes to eat. Of course, I am going to work on the Protein and water intake between the three meals. Sometimes around 2pm, I will have a nice Tomato Soup and for dinner yogurt. To be honest, this has truly open my eyes that I have been eating too much and it is time to stop. I thank God that I made this decision.

The only pain I am having is in my chest which I think is gas pain and around the port. Other than that I'm fine but need to let all this gas go!!!!

hi there ready2Bfit.. enjoyed reading your post. oh... the joys of restricted eating when out with family. lol. but, i do feel for you. We, fortunately, have had a very quiet EAster break, so i havent had to grapple with any more than cooking and feeding my two men at home. I can just cope with that lol.

... im looking foward to having my first solid meals. thats nearly another two weeks away yet.

I have to say, i think Ive upset my gut properly. Im able to start introducing some pureed fruit to my Protein Shakes. But, ive introduced some raspberries instead... and they have very small pips. i had no idea that it would upset my gut the way it did. Im in pain now. I have no pain or swelling in my tummy when i get up of a morning and feel really good, but as the day goes on... obviously its got something to do with food being introduced as well to my tummy, then swelling and gas pain comes back. Gas pain right through my gut... and up in my left shoulder. Its quite bad and makes me feel ill.

i havent rung my dr... its EAster and i dont know that he would recommend anymore than i have worked out to do... and thats to go back to just broth with very small amounts of cooked ,pureed potato or carrot. so... i dont know how long its going to take to settle down. Im assuming its some diverticulitis that ive got... its not nice.

Has anyone else here had the same issues as me?? i need some input here... any ideas please??

Ive been online and googled diverticulitis and lap bands and there isnt much at all to read .

Ive had to use this reply section in order to get my post through... i hope you dont mind me doing that...

i wanted to ask you... Im in Australia... what are ''grits"?.... judy

I had a really hard time drinking all of the Water for the first week or so. Sounds like you are on the right track :)

I'm lucky to get one bottle Water down a day. but I have a popsicle each day and a Protein Shake (that takes me all day to drink) and hope that those hydrate me some. I feel your pain. Family came over yesterday and my hubby made brisket and ribs and everyone brought all kinds of sides. I thought I would be drooling...but surprisingly didn't really want it. my mother-in-law made me some pureed Soup that was so delicious. I had a few bites and felt satisfied. I agree...to know how much I would have been eating...it truly is an eye opener.

My oldest son made a huge pot of chili this weekend. Just down right cruel if you ask me, but I did ok. It was more about smelling it cook than anything else. I know it's odd to have chili this time of year but I never know what to expect from my kids. I think they are going to keep me on my toes.

Sipping my Protein Shake as I type.

j~

This is wonderful news, good job on the self discipline and don't worry ... you will get to have a sample later on. I am on my 6th day of recovery and I have started soft foods because the liquids were not cutting it anymore. I have been doing much better now that the gas has been moving along. I was not prepared for that type of pain at first and it took some getting used to. I also noticed the pressure when I would drink Water rather sip, sip, sip. One thing that helped me is to not drink through a straw anymore ... this was a life saver!

Good luck and keep up the good work! Keep drinking, keep walking, and be proud for your new change!!! I've already lost 15 lbs over the course of 2 weeks. I am excited for everyone that is on this journey ... our lives are going to only get better!

Take care!

Hugs!