Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Committment Thread to lose weight

Yo, Penni, where are you?

Today I saw my band Dr and he left my band empty. I lost only 3 pounds last month, but we know why.

Today I have had a Healthy Choice meal (chicken and mashed taters) and have had two bottles of Water. Need more!

Haven't walked on the treadmill yet, but as soon as I finish typing this I'll be on it.

Biggest goal of the day? No wine. I dumped out the half gallon that was left over from last night. Poured it down the drain this morning. I have to beat that deamon. It's really throwing me off track.

Will report back in tonight and update this post on the days

accomplishments.

Penni? How's your day going?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Walked on the treadmill 3/4 mile. Will do more tonight.

Drank 4.5 bottles of water so far.

Going to post my food intake now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

How's everyone else doing today?

When I get home from the dentist (and after I finish the work I have to do), I will walk on the treadmill for at least 1 mile (I honestly question if I can do more).

I am on bottle 4 of Water.< /p>

I will get suitable Protein intake today (64g so far).

I with you guys. Time to focus.

I'm IN! I need to re-focus too - somehow I've managed to lose 17 or so lbs - but it is like I am stuck! So I am more than ready to unstick! I am eating ok - but need to get the exercise in - hard to do when taking pain medicine every day.

I commit to drinking my Water - usually drink over 64 oz - not a problem

I commit to staying away from carbs at dinner!

I commit to 'trying' to do treadmill for at least 20 min a day - goal is 30.

thanks for bumping this thread - much needed!

It has been difficult being good today but I have tried really hard. The Exercise thing is a huge thing for me. I do leg exercises every night to the point of making my muscles burn. So that is a plus for me. I have to work harder at doing more to burn more calories. If I don't do it in the AM then it won't get done.

Anyway here is my report for the day.

Today's plan accomplishment:

I will follow my Nutrisystem meal plans (1200 to 1500 Calories per day). (I am recommitting to this plan of action. I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices. Will attempt to journal every morsel that goes into my empty cavern.)

So far so good.

Breakfast:

Cup of Coffee

1/2 cup of whole grain Cereal (Kashi Heart to Heart) YUMMY!!

About 20 Blueberries with cereal

Lunch:

1 small salad with Blackened chicken, Mandarin Oranges, Apples, Walnuts, Avocado, Sprinkle of Blue cheese, NO DRESSING

Two 20 oz glasses of Ice Tea w/ Equal

20 oz of Water so far.

Snack:

UGH!! Venti Mocha Frap from Starbucks (450 calories right there, but oh so good)

Dinner:

Small portion of Spaghetti

Two 20 oz water

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Working on this today is not gonna happen. My exercise for today is to run up and down the stairs to my jewelry studio. Tomorrow is anutha day.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Not even gonna stress over this one for a long long time. Just gonna walk the walk for now and whatever I get is gravy.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of water a day. (Getting in the water is easy.)

Positive reinforcement mantras:

I will continue to eat healthy and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to exercise and hope to lose weight.

I will continue to be proud of myself with all the accomplishments to date.

My commitment:

I will eat absolutely no fried food.< /p>

I will drink no Starbuck's mochas (regular coffee only).

I will only eat dessert instead of a meal not after a meal. :D

Today has been a difficult one not only mentally but physically. I am diligently working on the HUGE jewelry order before I hit the road on the 30th. I wanna get as much done as possible. All the stuff going on LBT has me mentally drained and frustrated. Hence the Starbucks FIX today.

Ran up and down the stairs today to and from my studio and nearly killed myself when I tripped UP the stairs. LOL!! No running anymore. Good thing I didn't have scissors in my hands. HUH?! LOL!!!!

Anyway, here is my report for the day.

I will follow my meal plans (1200 to 1500 Calories per day). (I am recommitting to this plan of action. I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices. Will attempt to journal every morsel that goes into my empty cavern.)

So far so good.

Breakfast:

Cup of Coffee

1/2 cup of whole grain cereal (Kashi Heart to Heart) YUMMY!!

Lunch:

BBQ sandwich w/ Fries (Yes I know it was bad so sue me)

Three 20 oz glasses of Ice Tea w/ Equal

20 oz of Water so far.

Snack:

UGH!! Venti Mocha Frap from Starbucks (450 calories right there, but oh so good)

Dinner:

1 small salad with Blackened chicken, Mandarin Oranges, Apples, Walnuts, Avocado, Sprinkle of Blue cheese, NO DRESSING

20 oz of water so far.

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Working on this today is not gonna happen. My exercise for today is to run up and down the stairs to my jewelry studio. Tomorrow is anutha day.)

I will lose at least 1 lb a week. (Not even gonna stress over this one for a long long time. Just gonna walk the walk for now and whatever I get is gravy.)

*laughs* You fell up the stairs? Forget the scissors! It's a good thing you didn't have the Starbucks in your hand! What a waste that would have been! My daughter called me on her way to school this morning. She had just dropped her hubby off at work and her boy off at pre-school. She sounded stressed and tired and then.. she said, "Oh god, there's a Starbuck's sign. The day just got better!" *laughs*

Today has also been very emotionally draining for me.

I've had a bowl of chili at Red Robin with LindaV, and for dinner I had some watermelon and some coleslaw. Crappy day for Protein. I haven't walked on the treadmill, but I think it would do me good to force myself. I've only had two bottles of Water and the idea of drinking 4 more tonight is daunting. But I'm going to try.

Days like these... it's really hard to give a crap.

Hey Penni.. That salad you eat sounds incredible. Do you make it yourself or is it a premade thing?

Speaking of waste of Starbucks. I dropped a Venti Mocha Frap the other day and lost half of it. I nearly cried. Instead I just got a spoon and ate off the floor. Hey I ain't gonna waste a $5.00 drink. LOL!!!! No I was good and only drank the half that was still in the cup. SIGH!!! But man I wanted to grab a spoon. LOL!!

The salad is from Claim Jumper's. I get a big one and then eat on it for lunch and supper. THey are HUGE!! And YUMMY!!! I have made them myself and they are just as good. The Mandarin Oranges give enough juice to make you think it is dressing. Really really good.

Spoon? Grab a straw and suck that puppy up! LOL

Figures it would be something from a local place. I'll have to give it a try sans the avacado. I know, I know! Sacralidge! :)

I still havent walked on the dreadmill. Some commitment. Didnt make it two days in a row. I suck. But then, that's the concensus of the day. *grins*

Today has been a difficult one not only mentally but physically. All the stuff going on LBT AGAIN has me mentally drained. Hence the Starbucks FIX today.

Anyway, here is my report for the day.

I will follow my meal plans (1200 to 1500 Calories per day). (I am recommitting to this plan of action. I am committing to eating healthier and making better food choices. Will attempt to journal every morsel that goes into my empty cavern.)

So far so good.

Breakfast:

Cup of Coffee

1/2 cup of whole grain cereal (Kashi Heart to Heart) YUMMY!!

Lunch:

1/2 Turkey Sandwich with lettuce & Tomatoe

Three 20 oz glasses of Ice Tea w/ Equal

20 oz of Water so far.

Snack:

Dinner:

Other half of Turkey Sandwich

20 oz of water so far.

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Working on this today is not gonna happen. Does working my fingers while typing count? Tomorrow is anutha day.)

Well.. pfffft.. I did squat. No walking. Not enough Water. And what was that other thing I was going to do? Ohh yea, journal my food. I might get that done.

Wont be here for a few days (rejoicing) cause we're going on a trip to visit mom. I'll get my shit together when I return tho, so Penni.. be prepared. Starting on Monday, no outside BS is going to drain our energy or rob us from our focus. Right? *hugs*

Well.. pfffft.. I did squat. No walking. Not enough Water. And what was that other thing I was going to do? Ohh yea, journal my food. I might get that done.

Wont be here for a few days (rejoicing) cause we're going on a trip to visit mom. I'll get my shit together when I return tho, so Penni.. be prepared. Starting on Monday, no outside BS is going to drain our energy or rob us from our focus. Right? *hugs*

RIGHT! Well how about starting on the 11th of Sept. I leave on the 30th of Aug and won't be home till the 11th.

LOL!! :clap2:

Ok deal. September 11. In honor of the twins that fell.. you and I can stand side by side and kick ass (just not mine, ok?)!

See you when I get home. Enjoy your weekend.. and get some R&R in will ya?

You get some rest too. We both deserve it.

I don't know how often I will check in while on this trip but I will try. I am so frustrated with my weight. I have let my emotions run away and eat things I know I shouldn't. This only perpetuates the struggle more. :)

Going on this trip will hopefully make me more centered and relaxed more so when I return I can focus on the job at hand. Losing weight and launching my buisness. Keep your fingers crossed.

So far so good.

Breakfast:

Cup of Coffee

Lunch:

Dinner:

I will exercise for a minimum of 20 min a day 4 days a week. (Working on this today is not gonna happen. Does working my fingers while typing count? Tomorrow is anutha day.)

I will drink at least 64 ounces of Water a day. (Getting in the water is easy.)