Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

Is anyone else having the same troubles I am? I go in and get my fill and the doctor tells me to come back in 4 weeks. Then when I go to schedule my next appointment I can't get in for 8 weeks. Then two weeks after making my appointment they call to reschedule me and can't get me until 7 weeks after that appointment. This makes my next appointment 3 months after my last appointment. This is the 3rd time this is happened. I went through the roof and asked why they do this to me every time and they said Dr. Snow only does fills 2 days a week and only does 3 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon. The doctor has surgeries twice a week. How are all of us that have had the surgery supposed to get our fills if he is only doing 6 a day twice a week? I'm so upset right now. I want to lose my weight and I paid him to do it to help me through this journey and that means fills and now I can't seem to get them. I just feel like this is poor customer service. Am I out of line? Is there something I don't know or I'm not thinking of? Please, your thoughts.....

You are not out of line at all. I would start looking for other Dr.'s in your area and see if you can get switched. That is absurd!

I wonder if when you paid for the surgery did it include a year of fills? If so maybe it is a way of making more money cause if they delay your fills then you will still be coming in regularly after the year is up. If this is true you really need to switch drs cause it sounds like he is in it for the money. When I go in for fills, it only takes 15 minutes at most so I don't see why he can only 6 in an entire day. Switch drs girl

My thoughts exactly on the only doing 6 per day. I'm usually with the doctor for my fill like 5 minutes so I don't understand it either!

I would call in at the 3 week mark and ask if they have any cancelations and then try to take one of those.

I totally understand your frustration. Only 6 per day? My clinic does 6 in 1.5 hours! And it's with a nurse. I don't know....if they call to cancel/switch your appointment, can you say no?

honk, tried that before and it doesn't work.

1shauna1 - Nope, can't say no because there excuse is he isn't going to be there. He's scheduled something else.

I was so frustrated I asked them on the phone why they continue to do this to me every time I have an appointment. Thats when she told me he called in and tells him to reschedule the appointments for that day and that he only does 6 a day which totally iritated me. I told her "I think thats sh*tty and poor customer service".

A. start looking for a new doc

B. ask for them to call you for any cancellation opening

C. Make all your appointments at the shortest intervals possible now for the next 8 months

PS: I am assuming your fills are free and doc makes money doing surgery not doing fills...you got a bad doc there who isnt concerned for your aftercare...might be worth 100 or 200 bucks per fill to cut and run.

I know my surgeon charges 75 for an office appoint and 150 for an adjustment.

When discussing with others who did your sugery you tell them how he manages the after care. It is not difficult to anitcipate how many fills will be required in a population of patients. To manage the patient population so that you all are required to wait 8 weeks indicates no concern on the doctors part. since this procedure is somewhat elective patients can vote with their feet! I hope he is not the only game in town.

Make all your appointments at one time then its up to u to cancel if u dont need it, just tell them because of your work schedule u need to forward plan for the next few months.. just like the doctor, his work is no more important than yours !

My Dr. tells his Girl 4 weeks, and she has to book me for 4 weeks.

Ask your Dr to hire a PA to do the fills. I'm in NY and my Dr uses PA's to do the adjustments. I have my first fill in 3wks. Also I'd call my insurance carrier and explain what's going on. They will investigate your Dr and possibly refer you to someone who actually wants to help you. Sounds like your Dr is money hungry.

Sent from my mobile device using LapBandTalk