Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

True Results - Houston

Has anyone used True Results in Houston? I have a consult with them tomorrow morning. My insurance won't approve the surgery. However if there is an underlying condition (e.g. hiatal hernia)...they will cover almost all of it. I hate to say it...but I kind of hope I have a minor underlying condition that will qualify me...lol Oh well...wish me luck!

I used True Results in Richardson, TX and loved it! I also had the same issue with insurance not covering and had to have the EGD to see if I had a hernia so that they would pay. And I did! I was hoping I had a hernia too! ;) They said if you ever have heartburn, you more than likely have the hernia. I had my EDG on the 20th which is a simple test where they put a camera down your throat and see if you have the hernia. It was a simple process, no pain at all and you are alseep through the whole test. On the 24th I hadd my hernia removed and I got my lapband! I was lucky enough to qualify for the Care Credit and that is how I was able to pay for the part that the insurance didn't cover. I do know that True Results offers in house financing too. Hope this helps! Good luck!!!!!

Thanks Alli...did you just have the surgery this month? How long between your consult and EGD appt? I think they offer in-house financing on the remaining amount...or at least that is what the lady who spoke to me by phone said. She said it would be around $5500 extra. Did you have to pay out pocket for the EGD?

I also used true results, richardson. they were amazing! good luck!

wow Alli....I was in the same situation as you. My insurance denied me as well. I am doing the same test on Wed with the camera to see if i have hernia. My question to you is...how long after you had that test done did you get the surgery? I'm also going to True Results in Richardson, TX.... they are really amazing.

I used true results in Austin, and also was on their hiatal hernia program... Out of pocket cost was 5,500 for surgery..l I had to pay 40$ copy when I went in for EGD, so that was good.... They said same thing, if you've ever had heartburn or reflux, very high chance of hernia, especially if you're overweight... Good luck to you! Ive had a great experience with true results!

I had my EDG on Monday February 20, 2012. I had my surgery 4 days later on Friday February 24th. So I have had the band 5 days now. My first consultation was February 13th. So from consultation to surgery was less than 2 weeks! It was a quick process! The EDG was 40 since insurance covers that part.

Thanks Alli....just finished my consult. I qualified for the in-house financing (which is easy to do) and I have to do fasting blood work in the morning and they will make the EGD appointment for me. If they find a hernia (crossing my fingers...lol) then I will just have to pay $5500 on payments for the next two years. Pretty cool. If no hernia...then cash price for the lap band is $9000 or so and they will still finance $5500 of it and I will have to come up for the rest...which will be hard. So everything is riding on that hernia!

Alli, you and I are surgery buddies , I also had my surgery on the 24th with true results Austin :)

I had my EDG on Monday February 20, 2012. I had my surgery 4 days later on Friday February 24th. So I have had the band 5 days now. My first consultation was February 13th. So from consultation to surgery was less than 2 weeks! It was a quick process! The EDG was 40 since insurance covers that part.

Alli' date=' you and I are surgery buddies , I also had my surgery on the 24th with true results Austin :)

[/quote']

How are u feeling? I'm starving! LOL!

Me too! I think! I have what you would call bubble guts... Lots of gurgling and weird noises! I can't have full liquids til Friday!!! I've been sipping on broth from my moms homemade chicken Soup and that seems to help ... Cant stomach the store brand chicken broth... Just ordered the Unjury Protein chicken soup which is a protein broth, should get here tomorrow ....

I think u will be alright, they seem to find hernia in everyone who goes in for egd ... At least everyone at the true results austin support group who went in for egd had hernia and qualified for hiatal program...

Thanks Alli....just finished my consult. I qualified for the in-house financing (which is easy to do) and I have to do fasting blood work in the morning and they will make the EGD appointment for me. If they find a hernia (crossing my fingers...lol) then I will just have to pay $5500 on payments for the next two years. Pretty cool. If no hernia...then cash price for the lap band is $9000 or so and they will still finance $5500 of it and I will have to come up for the rest...which will be hard. So everything is riding on that hernia!

I think u will be alright, they seem to find hernia in everyone who goes in for egd ... At least everyone at the true results austin support group who went in for egd had hernia and qualified for hiatal program...

Good Deal...I hope you're right :)

I had my EGD on Wed...and yes I have a hernia..so surgery is scheduled for March 23rd. Ready to start my new life...just very nervous about the pain and trying to walk after surgery...

I had my EGD on Wed...and yes I have a hernia..so surgery is scheduled for March 23rd. Ready to start my new life...just very nervous about the pain and trying to walk after surgery...

Krisit - Are you going to True Results as well?