Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck Is Locked In...

No longer just pencilled in, for 27 March!

I cant believe I'm doing this. I have never been overly enthusiastic about cosmetic surgery, and I never thought I'd have the money to do it either.

I had to go and see my lapband surgeon to enquire about whether he was happy for the PS to move and/or change the port. He didnt mind that, but he was less than enthusiastic about me having a Tummy Tuck at all, which was odd as generally he's a lovely guy. He thinks I have nothing to tuck - I didnt bother pointing out that he's only ever really looked at my tummy with me lying flat on my back. I think he thinks I'm being swindled - because I have bilateral inguinal hernias and he's a hernia surgeon, he felt compelled to point out that you dont need a full abdominoplasty to fix those, that its an overnight stay and laparascopic fix - but I've got a horrible twisted scar where my flat caesar scar once was, I look like I have testicles and I dont even have any foliage to hide it all as all my pubes fell out when I had radiation and never grew back properly! So that was a downer but I'm just focussing on the fact that I'm getting a super duper cheap tummy tuck as most of it is reconstructive - the PS has done me a huge favour as he said after the cancer and all the horrible recovery, the assault to my self image from having a poo bag on my stomach for a year and all of it, he thinks I deserve it! So do I!

So, its now been locked in and is happening in four short weeks. And THIS time, I promise to actually take it easy - I have hernias because I didnt take it easy after my caesar eight years ago (when they first developed) and then I really didnt take it easy after the bowel resection 15 months ago - I went for a run after ten days - and that is when they grew to the size of a fairly respectable pair of testicles, lol.

I've trawled the interent but unfortunately I cant find a stomach that looks quite like mine, they're all quite a bit worse, so I feel very lucky to have this done!

That sounds like good news. Hope it all goes well.

I am sure if your surgeon had unwanted breasts he would sympathise with you a bit more. Doctors!

No longer just pencilled in' date=' for 27 March!

I cant believe I'm doing this. I have never been overly enthusiastic about cosmetic surgery, and I never thought I'd have the money to do it either.

I had to go and see my lapband surgeon to enquire about whether he was happy for the PS to move and/or change the port. He didnt mind that, but he was less than enthusiastic about me having a Tummy Tuck at all, which was odd as generally he's a lovely guy. He thinks I have nothing to tuck - I didnt bother pointing out that he's only ever really looked at my tummy with me lying flat on my back. I think he thinks I'm being swindled - because I have bilateral inguinal hernias and he's a hernia surgeon, he felt compelled to point out that you dont need a full abdominoplasty to fix those, that its an overnight stay and laparascopic fix - but I've got a horrible twisted scar where my flat caesar scar once was, I look like I have testicles and I dont even have any foliage to hide it all as all my pubes fell out when I had radiation and never grew back properly! So that was a downer but I'm just focussing on the fact that I'm getting a super duper cheap tummy tuck as most of it is reconstructive - the PS has done me a huge favour as he said after the cancer and all the horrible recovery, the assault to my self image from having a poo bag on my stomach for a year and all of it, he thinks I deserve it! So do I!

So, its now been locked in and is happening in four short weeks. And THIS time, I promise to actually take it easy - I have hernias because I didnt take it easy after my caesar eight years ago (when they first developed) and then I really didnt take it easy after the bowel resection 15 months ago - I went for a run after ten days - and that is when they grew to the size of a fairly respectable pair of testicles, lol.

I've trawled the interent but unfortunately I cant find a stomach that looks quite like mine, they're all quite a bit worse, so I feel very lucky to have this done![/quote']

Best of luck to you! Keep us posted!!!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk