Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie Wondering About Food Pre-Surgery

Hello all, i have a ton of questions reguarding food after being banded. I go for my conseltation tomorrow feb 14, and ill ask those questions there but i also would like to know from first hand experiance. Ive read a TON of stuff online reguarding the do's and donts if you will of being banded. My question is have any of you personally found you cannot eat ANY types of food anymore..IE..steak,seafood,veges etc? My logic behind it is, if you cut the meats or whatever your eating into insanely small pieces and chew as good as you can to mush it up, the odds of it getting stuck should become much smaller no? I know ive read to also stay away from like breads and rice type foods because they can get stuck in the pouch and cause pain etc. Im hoping to be banded by summer, and i obviously know EVERYONE experiance will vary when it comes to food, but i was just wondering as a whole are there any foods there are completely a NO NO? Also with the band is there any sort of intolerance to certain foods like i believe some people find out when they have the sleeve or bypass done, meaning they can no longer eat certain meats or dairies? Sorry for the nonsense rambling, just really want to know from people instead of a thin surgeon who has not been banded lol...thanks in advance

I have a hard time with any steak other than filet mignon. Also, I can't eat snow peas anymore, even though I try to get the string off completely. I also don't eat raw carrots anymore. When I have grapes, I spit out the skin because I am afraid of that getting stuck, though it never has.

I can eat any meat, seafood or fish if it is cut small enough, moist enough and chewed well, however i cant eat scrambled eggs or raw veg, although i do eat a lot of chopped salads. I dont eat Pasta or any high carb foods like rice or bread by choice ! .. Some cant eat much of a morning as the band can be a little tighter so they stick with a Protein Shake or a warm drink to relax it a little first.

Most food people eat is individual to them, so it would be individual to you if u have the lapband fitted as to what could end up eating .. big no no's are drinking while eating, eating large quantities or too fast and not chewing well seem to be the standard sort of restrictions ...

In general there isnt really intolerance to anything because of a lapband, some doctors will ask for no caffine or alcohol others will say no problem, i drink coffee, not strong, and tea as fillers in between meals my doctor is fine with it and as u can see i have lost the weight i needed too and am continuing on the homeward stretch to my goal.

Good luck and maybe this will be the year that changed your life smile.png

i really hope it is, i want to know what its like to be thin! haha and healthy!

Best feeling in the world and that keeps me motivated :)