Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am just curious since there are "last supper" topics for pre banded days, it would be interesting to hear the same for after banding. After your surgery, once you were past the liquid, mushies stages, when you were finally cleared to try a "normal" meal, what did you try first?

To be honest, I was scared to eat anything that might hurt or do damage. I did eat something, but I was very careful and eased back into it

I don't remember what my first meal was but I do remember my first mushie - tuna and avo mashed. After almost a month of liquids it tasted fantastic.

I have no recall on this either, which my surgeon has said is good as it shows that food is loosing its importance in our lives!

I have no recall on this either, which my surgeon has said is good as it shows that food is loosing its importance in our lives!

THAT IS SO TRUE....Food is way down on my list of things I need to think about everyday!

I remember my first mushy - scrambled eggs, which also tasted so good after all the liquids - but I have no idea what my first solid food was.

I only remember mine because it was the night of my work Christmas dinner. I had a broiled crab cake. Super yum!

Funny. I don't remember mine either. I do remember my first mushie was scrambled eggs. I remember that I wanted meatloaf as my first meal. But do not think I had it.

Wow! Interesting answers. I like the thought of food losing it's hold! That is truly the best!! I get banded in almost 2 weeks so I am totally dreading the liquid stages, but would sure not want to jeopardize my healing, so I shall prevail. I am sure that I will be like some of you in thinking that first bit of food I actually get to eat, after all of that, will taste like heaven. laugh.png

B-52, I am sure I will be a bit fearful to eat much of anything, at first also. As a matter of fact, I actually mentioned that very fear when talking to the surgeon last week. He said that no matter how a person tries, at some point with the band, EVERYONE gets 'stuck' in some form or another. His words. He was trying to ease my mind about it. He says since everyone is so different in what they can or cannot eat, it's a learning experience as we go. He assured me that by 6 months of being banded, eating would come like second nature; versus having to think about it, as when we first get banded.

Thanks for all of the responses. I wish you all much success.

Soft cooked salmon, so good!