Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just wondering when you already banded folks started feeling better and having no pain?

I know everyone is different but I would just like to hear the average so I know this horrible feeling will pass.

Thanks!!!

im on day 2 post op and i feel a lot better as the day goes by

Normally the biggest 'pain' is gas, this does eventually go but for some it can last over a week post-op. It is relatively minor surgery, i felt ok pretty much just like i had been punched in the stomach but apart from that i was a lot better than i thought i would be. I had more trouble having wisdom teeth out :)

I had mine done on Monday and today was the day I really felt good. Still a bit sore, wouldn't want to be hit in the stomach or anything like that but the pain is much better from the last 3 days. It does get better teeth_smile.gif

That's so good to hear. I'm taking gas x and the pain meds the doc has prescribed but still feel awful. Its only been 12 hours since my surgery but at this point I'm asking myself what did I do?

Congrats on your success so far. I am down 13 pounds from my pre op diet.

Are you starting to feel hungry yet?

Thanks everyone for the reassuring comments. I have a 6 hour flight home tomorrow so I hope I will feel a bit better for that.

No pain, no gain.....right? Lol

Good luck and hope your travel goes ok, u will probably be very very tired so make sure you get enough rest when you get home ... totally agree no pain-no gain :)

3 days I was doing good 5 great

I had my surgery on Wednesday. The only pain I have right now is where the port is located and in my neck and shoulders. The doctor said it was normal, possible up till my 3rd week. Right now it just feels like I am tearing my insides out when I try to get out of bed or a chair or bend over. The Lortab prescription for pain is not really working yet. I asked my doctor about flying in March and he told me that, due to higher elevations, I may notice some tighness in the band, but once I am back on land, I should be ok. Also, make sure you show the screeners at the airport your card or whatever they gave you that shows you just got banded, because it may pick up the small amount of metal attached to the port. I could not imagine having them push on my stomach right now. Let me know how your flight goes, since you just got banded.

Thanks for the tip for the airport. I would never have thought of that. Feeling better today other than some pain in the port area. Hope the flight will go well today.

Take care

Good luck on your trip home. I wouldn't say that I feel hungry exactly but maybe empty at times. That is when I do a shake or Soup or something a little filling. I have lost 8 lbs since Monday so that always makes the pain a little easier to take! Good Luck!!