Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are all the Michigan people at??

Hi there, I just joined also, I am from MI and I'm having my surgury done at Harper Hostpital on Jan 16, 08 at Detroit medical center. I am 34 and weigh 256 and am 5'4", my mom is having the sugury at the same Time. Hope to here from you....good luck!

Pike

Hello pikedafoe!:( Where in MI? I am 45 min.s north west of Grand Rapids(Newaygo). I hope everything goes GREAT for you:biggrin1:...Be sure to let us know how it goes.

I am going to be 48 years old on Feb. 10th! I feel excited but scared too. Do you feel that way also?

When I went to my first visit : 8/30/07 Weight : 224 lbs, Height: 5'21/2"

I since then joined a gym and exercised three days a week and went down to: Docs visit 1/3/08 213 lbs In September 07 I threw out all the foods in my house and thus replaced everything with better choices! Went to a meat Farm and ordered all new Beef and Pork along with deboned chicken breasts (no skin either) I also ordered my protien drink mix (vanilla ice cream) from GNC along with vitamins(womens ultra mega multi)I add strawberries to the protien shake(blender)and use V-8 fusion Lite to mix it I really like it alot! Have A Great Day! ~WhirlWinds~

whirlwnds, So nice to meet you! We live in Atlanta, MI between gaylord and Alpena. My mom is also 5'2." and weighs 244 and she is 67 years old. It sounds like youv'e made some good lifestyle changes lately. When do you get your band? I am very excited about my band and just a little nervous but our family is very supportive. Good luck with your new healthy lifestyle! sincerely, Pike

hey northern mist.

how are things going for you? i think you started this process around the same time i did. i had my surgery on nov 7th with dr featherstone and had my first fill on dec 18th. so far i have not had any problems. hope you get a date soon good luck

sue

Same date as you :) 1/23/08! Good luck with yours too! Have a Great Day!:)~WhirlWinds~

whirlwnds, So nice to meet you! We live in Atlanta, MI between gaylord and Alpena. My mom is also 5'2." and weighs 244 and she is 67 years old. It sounds like youv'e made some good lifestyle changes lately. When do you get your band? I am very excited about my band and just a little nervous but our family is very supportive. Good luck with your new healthy lifestyle! sincerely, Pike

Hi there Pike.. I live in Alpena and we have started a Lap Band support group here. Our next meeting is Saturday the 12th at 11 a.m. Let me know if you're interested in joining us and I'll give you more details. Both DH and I have been banded.

Hi susieq125,

I should've been done with my 6 month diet in November but when the paperwork came from the Doctor's office they had my blood pressure in July but not my weight.... so I had to start all over with my 6 consecutive months supervised diet. It was frustrating but what do you do?

I'm done this month and Angie should get things submitted to BCBS of IL soon and then it's hurry up and wait! I hope there isn't anything else "missing".

Hope your doing well! How was your liquid stages and how long?

Kirajh Hello :)that is good too know I guess...whats new or good with you? I am so excited but scared its not funny! :scared:How do I relax ? any sugestions will be welcomed by me...~~WhirlWinds~:nervous

Judy,

My Mom and I would love to join your group on the 12th!!! Please send info on where to meet. We both get banded on the 16th by Dr. Gazayerli at Harper Hospital. Thank you so much for the post, I look forward to hearing from you, Pike

SMR100,

Congrats on being banded on the 14th! My Mom and I will both be banded by Dr. Gazayerli on the 16th. Best of luck to you on you surgery, keep us posted. Pike

Hi all! Wanna introduce myself as a fellow Michigander.

I'm from Tecumseh (Ann Arbor area). Had my band done at Forest Health in Ypsi by Dr. Schram. 4 days out and I'm feeling really great. If anybody wants to talk, I'm your gal...

misty

i'm doing great. the liquid stage was not that bad. when i first came home from the hospital you will not be hungry and the liquids are for only 1 week, it was easy to do. get sf popsciles,i bought Walmart crystal light they have alot of flavors,chicken and beef broth about a half a cup at a time. alots of water.any questions please ask. take care

sue

Thanks susieq. I'm sure once I get approved and a date I'll have lots of new and old questions!

Take care of yourself.