Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

filled yet deflated!

i got a fill today, of sorts. my fill level prefill was 2.2 cc's i basically had no restriction. last night i had a good 6-8 oz pork chop, 1/2 cup corn and 3/4 cup veggies NO PROBLEM! i still could have eaten more= no restriction!

so today i go in asking for .1 cc the smallest amount i can get. ( i am gunshy after a series of extreme restriction) anyhow dr decides on .1 1/2 cc's ALMOST .2 cc's. he pulls it out and has me drink. i am instantly in pain- it was barely going down. the dr and i stood there talking and we both decided to take some out. i am now back at 2.2 cc's with what must be the smallest fill EVER! not even a whole .1 cc. *confused* with the .1 fill removed i could drink so he sent me on my way with a follow up in a month. he couldnt believe i could go from virtually no restriction to eyes watering tightness that quickly.

so then i leave the dr deflated, confused but glad to not be to tight. i did what any good bandster would do, i drove back into town and to MCDONALDS. YES i said it. but i ordered 2 yogurt Snacks with fruit and granola and just ate the yogurt and granola. i was able to eat both yogurts and granola no prob and in minutes so i am assuming no change in restriction and lunch was chicken salad on melba toast. i ate a normal portion.

after mcd's i then i went to the gym for a work out- nothing like sweating out frustrations!

since i last saw dr in september i was down 8 pounds. thankfully the dr was supportive. i feel like i have worked a HELL OF A LOT HARDER THAN 8 POUNDS...thats .333333 pounds a MONTH...ok going to take nice hot bath. frustrations are back!

thanks for listening. suggestions appreciated!

michelle

Michelle -

You have done an amazing job - I know it's frustrating to feel almost at a standstill, but you are still losing, and you are having lots of time to adjust to feeling like your current size is "normal".

It's just a matter of time until you get to those size x's (whatever size it is you're aiming for!).

Don't be disappointed - just keep on keeping on!

*Hi! to Calvin! :)*

hehehe i forgot to mention that i was up 20 from my year + of no restriction to extreme restriction. so all in all i am still up 12.

it just seems like it has been so hard to lose ANYTHING! i finally adopted the no diet mantra- just eat responsibly and exercise. the problem is i am maintaining and still a GOOD 40 above my first goal. and 80 above my true goal!

since i have been busy planning the wedding i will post a few pics from when my mom and grandmother came out to help me plan

this is my dress. its a 16 but i had to order an 18 because the 16 wouldnt fit!!!!

post-204507-13813132887851_thumb.jpg

post-204507-13813132888144_thumb.jpg

post-204507-13813132888593_thumb.jpg

Absolutely gorgeous!!

Have you heard about Michael Thurmond's 6 day body makeover? I bought the book and am trying it (if I can get 6 days in a row?!!?**##$&$!!).

He talks about repairing metabolism, and boy, I need that!

The same ol' frequent small meals throughout the day, but with recommended combinations for your specific body type. I can't promise it works, but I like what he has to say, and he promises you'll drop a dress size in 6 days...

:)

Oh - and of course at least as important as the small frequent meals is the 45-60 minutes of LONG SLOW exercise he recommends each day, like walking or biking. Heartrate shouldn't go over 65% unless you're super fit, otherwise you're burning glucose and not fat.

According to him.

If I could ever move myself out of this chair... :)

Wow, your stomach is a sensitive sort! I guess you must immediately swell, when he does a fill? I'm only at 1cc and holding. I had .2cc added awhile back, but a few weeks later was unfilled .2cc. So, I am like you at my original fill. Oh well....

My surgeon doesn't want me to "diet" or count calories. However, what works for me is logging in on fitday.com to keep track of my calories and nutrition. So I ignore him on that part. One day, once I'm at goal, I won't have to log in my food.

Shawn

Shelly,

Even if -8 is slow in your book, its still a loss.

And ANY loss makes me happy.

Your dress is so Pretty... simple and elegant!

thanks paula! i know a loss is a loss i guess i am just feeling a little dumpy and stalled! somebody smack me!!! shake me!!! something! i love your quote in your sig. thats EXACTLY how i am feeling!

"Willpower is much easier when you see the scale moving." Dragonwilo

shawn, like your dr i dont want to diet anymore, i just want to be able to eat less and lose weight. my dr actually suggested Optifast. YEAH RIGHT, i dont have a 20,000 piece of equipment in me to be doing optifast! i shouldnt have to do optifast! i do log on fitday just to be mindful of where i am for the day

donali- i havent read micheal thurmonds book, i am in the middle of a good one- seat of the soul by gary zukav maybe when i finish that one i can look for the one you suggested. i have been working out 3-4 days a week (45 min cardio and 30-40 min on the weight machines) and eating very healthy i just have a goal for the wedding and i hope i can get close.

michelle

Hey Shelly, what a gorgeous dress!! I often get nostalgic about my wedding dress and want to take it out of the attic, but then I remember it's a size 26 and wouldn't fit me now. :)

Sigh...I can't wait to see your wedding pics. You're beautiful!

YOU :) look prettier in your dress than SHE :) does. Of course, you are missing the fan blowing your veil into a scripted cloud around you...blech. You look gorgeous!!!

Size does not matter, what matters is that you are getting married to your Prince Charming in your dress. She had to put her dress back on the hanger and give it back. That and you have a genuine smile wearing your dress... ~Mandy

Oh Shelly, seeing you in your wedding dress gave me goose bumps, you look sooooo beautiful.

When I got married I was in a 14/16 and I had to order a size 18 dress b/c the bridal shop lady told me that wedding dresses are cut smaller than normal. So I bet that size 18 was indeed a 16.

Here's my dress.... a size 18. I was 155 lbs or so, and definitly not a size 18, I'm 5'10" tall.

post-204862-13813132892814_thumb.jpg

Shelly,

How the heck are ya? Here it is 3:00 am and I am so loaded up on antihistimines that I cant sleep. I have a really really bad cold/flu. I just had my fill too on Thursday and so far I have not had any really solid food because I am feeling sick with lots of congestion and dont really feel like eating much. My fill doc was mad at me cause its been 5 months since my last fill and with flouro, I looked to be pretty wide open too. He added .30 to my 2.20, so I should have something like 2.50. My other post talks about the fact that he thinks my band has slipped a little bit because of the massive weight loss and looks to be chronic. Thinks I will need lots more fill or a total unfill or reposition surgery as last resort. Said it had nothing to do with overeating. I am also frustrated cause I gained some weight, about 15 pounds or so, but considering I quit smoking and stopped my regular exercise, this would explain a lot.!! Oh yeah, and the lack of restriction. Dont be discouraged. I love the wedding dress. It is beautiful and I am waiting on the wedding invite....... Where is it?????

Babs in TX

334/180ish