Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Holiday Goodies At Work

I work in an office that receives many gifts of food during the holiday season. I am finding it very hard not to try a "taste" of these goodies. It's mostly Cookies and sweet stuff that seems to go down real easy for me. So, I try it and then feel guilty for having done so. I'm so mad at myself because I know I'm doing the wrong thing. Is anyone else having this type of problem? I've only been banded 3 months and did great at Thanksgiving with a nice loss that week. But now, I'm really struggling...

I'm the same way! All of a sudden yesterday it was like I was a crazy person with sweets! And again today, my students brought me a Baggie of Cookies and mini muffins and I couldn't stay out of it! I had to hide it so I wouldn't scarf the whole bag! Now I feel a little sick for even eating any of it. Don't want to feel this way again.

I can totally relate to that! A co-worker brought me a dozen beautiful and very yummy Cookies today. They are gone. Sweets go down so easy for me.

Going forward....... I am NOT going to eat anymore treats!!! I am going to get back on track so that I do not continue to gain over the Christmas holiday.

WLS is by no means the easy way out. We still have to work very hard to lose and maintain our weight. I do NOT want to be that fat person again!!!

Ha! I was i. my principal's office today going over my yearly evaluation. She had one of those special cupcakes sitting on her desk and I was litterally salivating just looking at it!!! I wantws to sneak in hwr office latee and swipe it! lol This is a very difficult time of year for sweet lovers no doubt!

I do not think it is anything wrong with "treating" yourself a little bit once in a great will. If you have one cookie it won't you. Just do not make it a habit. If you constantly deprive yourself you will most likely fail and constantly gorge. Just remember though, only do it occasionally with one cookie.

I am with you!!! I was in a meeting for 8 hours today and they always put candy bowls in the middle of the table. Millions of those darned little miniature candy bars. I think they are worse than the big ones because you rationalize to yourself that they are so small it cant hurt you and the next thing you know,you have eaten a dozen of them!

I just look at it not worth the calories. I ate a piece of chocolate yesterday and said wth it was not good at all. So to me even though its tempting as all get out I wont partake of it and be those other 11 people saying at the beginning of the year I have 20lbs to lose from Christmas. I will not!

I think we all are experiencing the sweets during the holidays... my goal is to enjoy and try not to gain during this time... I'm not going to focus on loosing, until after jan.1st... I truly think that we hall have done wonderful jobs. We will be Fine

They left the tray of treats out in front of me. I ate the damn cookie and according to my fitness pal that one cookie had 177 calories. I am so mad at myself I have smoke coming outta my ears. I am already struggling this week cause I am sick with a cold and cant hardly exercise so now lets add Cookies to the equation...GRRR lol

Today was a tough day for me. We had a holiday Breakfast and a cookie exchange. I baked 4 dozen mini muffins last night and only took one small bite to make sure they turned out good. Then I get to work and it is muffins, Bagels, coffee cake. But worse yet were the Cookies. All good, I stayed away. Had some fruit and a mini bell cheese I brought. But then I got 2 boxes of chocolates from clients!!! And in a moment of weakness, I brought them home. I had to have my husband tape the boxes up and hide them until I can give them to my mother.

My new Christmas carol (to the tune of Let it Snow)

"Oh the holiday time is frightful, the candy is so delightful. As long as I have a band, just say no, just say no, just say no."

Well I know its hard early on when your restriction may not be god and then all the holiday food is around you. But now that I am at good restriction I can snack on a few 'bad' treats but I really cant at more than a couple of Cookies without feeling overfull so I dont have to worry about it. If you can seriously overeat you need a fill! I know a lot of people will disagree...thats ok.

My daughters and I are baking several holiday treats this weekend and I am a little concerned about my ability not to taste everything. But we have to continue to live our lives. I don't think we have to totally restrict ourselves from any food. This type of mindset helped to get me to 317 pounds. Sample, but don't overindulge is my suggestion.

I am all most 4 months out (banded aug 22 ) and all of the holiday stuff is very tempting

But I know I can’t eat just one --- I will want the whole bag and then with the band throw up

so hand but at leasti know if I eat it I will feel sick….keep repeating ..soon it will be jan….no treats just cold weather and snow…o no then stuck in the house….

I have the perfect solution to the holiday cheer at work. Cookies and cake at work does not interest me even though I might buy a sugar cookie at the store for myself as a treat for the holiday. In my mind, all the treats at work have been touched by everybody at work, being the cold and flu season really scares me to death and the thought of eating any of the cookies goes completely out of my mind. I do not want to get sick and throw up and take the chance of my band slipping after 3 years, so this works for me everytime I get near any of the food I picture someone coughing, sneezing or touching several cookies trying to decide what one to take. I have to do what I have to do to avoid the temptation and this works everytime for me. Only 2 weeks left before the Snacks are gone out of sight, we can do this.