Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretch Marks

When I look at pics, I notice NO One has as many streach marks as I do.

I want to post my scar stages but the wriggly lines all over my stomach are so hideous.

I want from like 135 pounds to 235 pounds from age 15 to 19.. (3 kids)

The only place I dont have streach marks is on my hands, lower arms and ankles and feet and face.

AGE 15

I had NO stretch marks at all. NOT ONE. I had big boobs but they had always been big and I was curvy but that happened at a young age and my stomach was really flat. I knew friends who had stretch marks who were thinner than me but I never did.

Then I had my first born. (age 16) MY SON, gave me these HUGE streach marks, they look like big fat slugs. They are like 10 inches long and up to 3 inches wide, maybe more (I should measure.) All over my stomach. I also got these HUGE ones on my pubic bone, behind my knees and under my arms. AND MY BOOBS have never looked the same.. Long, deep marks that have never ever gone away and he almost 19 yrs old now

Then my daughter came not even 10 months later and gave me TONS and tons of these long white and red thin lines that made me look like a zebra, all over my stomach along side the Big slug ones and higher. All over my calves and the front of my legs and the front of my upper arms.. zigzaggin all down the back of my legs right to my ankles. My thighs are like the moon with craters of long holes..

THEN.. my next child came at 19, and she went and gave me a bunch of these sideways nicks.. They ran verticle instead of horizontal.. and instead of being long, they were short, like stab wounds or something..

So, I bet no one can beat that stretch mark story.. lol

Once in teen parenting class, this really really skinny girl, who was like no more than 105 pounds.. got pregnant and I exspected the same thing to happen to her.. BUt she got two tiny nicks on each side of her stomach and thats all.. I was so jealous.. But then I realized, Hey she didnt gain 100 extra pounds.. BUT still, her belly was HUGE after being completely flat.. so OH well.

I think some people are unfortunately prone to developing them. My best friend gained 60 lbs with her son and within 4 months had a flat stomach and not ONE single stretch mark. Lucky her. I have no children so I dont know what my body would have done, I fear I would have them all over also. I have some older ones due to teenage growth spurt and some from my 20s around my lower stomach, but they are barely visible now. Mine faded so much that I dont think others would really notice them, but I know they are there. I think the only reason I didnt develop them horribly with the weight gain is because it has been slow and steady and my skin gradually adjusted. Too bad there is no way to get rid of the things.

I have a decent amount. My fiancee is really skinny but he's got one really gnarly stretchmark on each of his inner thighs. It's kind of bizarre to me, but that's what they are.

I don't think anyone can predict who's going to get what kind of stretch mark, you know?

Post those scar photos girly!

GOT'EM!!! I hate them.... What's your most embarassing strech mark story? Mine is: being with a boyfriend and they say " what is that...did you cut yourself?"

I wanted to say : yeah dumba** that's what happened :)

P.S. It's really sad - no kids- I have no excuse :pout:

Guest Kira M

It's frustrating that for all the modern medical technology we have, no one can figure out how to get rid of our stretch marks. :angry I have them pretty much everywhere. Arms, stomach, legs. I have one son, but honestly most of them can be attributed to big jumps in weight. grrrr

I think it's genetics really. I find it quite amazing that I do have them on breasts and hips from when I hit puberty, so they're only fine silvery lines now, but I got NONE at all during 3 pregnancies. I mean you'd think the stretching that occurs over the last few months of a pregnancy would be more likely to result in stretchmarks than the gradual growth over hips or boobs wouldnt you?

I'm just hoping, praying that this means my tummy will flatten out reasonably OK with weight loss.

In fourth grade, I got my first bra.. My parents were called and told to get me a bra before I came back to school.

It was a 32 B. I was 10

I also made a friend at this same time and she was fat (fatter than me) and she also had bigger boobs like me.

I was 120 pounds in 6th grade. I can only guess what I was when I was in 4th.

Anyway... I spent the night at her house and it was the first time I had ever seen stretch marks, I didnt even know what they were.

They were really red and all over boobs... They looked like she had been whiped or sliced with a knife.

I gasped and asked her what happened. I didnt mean to be so shocked and rude but I was totally freaked out.

She said everyone gets them, especuially when they get real bigger boobs than normal, her mom had told her this.

I said I didnt have any and she made me show her.. THEN SHE was shocked.

Then she went straight to her mom grabbing me along the way and it was this HUGE issue and ordeal about how her mom said everyone got them and how come nykee doesnt have them...

I had no clue.. I was embarrassed. First of all she talked to her mom about something so personal and then she argued and confronted her mom in hostility a way I never would dare to my parents.

She was convinced it was because she was so much fatter than me. She called her mom a liar, and in MY mind I figured it WAS because she was fat and I wasnt as fat. (I wasnt really even fat, I wasnt skinny, but I thought I was fat, but this friend of mine really was alittle chubby so that everyone thought so)

I kinds checked out at that time, but I am sure her mom tried to tell her it was becasue hers had grown suddenly.. I had had boobs my whole life.

So,, later I realized how many friedns had them and I liked that I didnt..

they had then on their hips too... and I didnt.

I asked my mom and she said everyone has them,and I said I dont and she said becasue I was born tall, ??

I began to HATE them, I really thought they were the ugliest things in the world. They made me sick to look at. I always wondered how the girls put up with them.

When I got them, I didnt get naked again for a long long time, not in the day. I didnt look at myself, or in mirrors. They were the most discusting things I ever saw.. and I have never seen any one whos worse.

I almost feel like posting a pick of my biggest ones.. LOL

I have the pic cuz I got a rash on one side and I took a pic of the rash and of the healthy side to compare it to.. (medical reasons for future skin removal)

I was never convinved that guys didnt care or it was ok to show expose them at all.. even though my skinniest cousins had them all over from pregnancies and still wore bikinins.. I would just be sick inside and wonder how they could do such a thing.

Plus I started to meet guys who also had some.. they werent even fat guys.. They sicked me out badly. Even when the guy was a total cutie.

I am a total stretch mark hater.

We can put people on the moon, but we cant figure out how to stop this devestation of our bodies.

I think some people are unfortunately prone to developing them. My best friend gained 60 lbs with her son and within 4 months had a flat stomach and not ONE single stretch mark. Lucky her. I have no children so I dont know what my body would have done, I fear I would have them all over also. I have some older ones due to teenage growth spurt and some from my 20s around my lower stomach, but they are barely visible now. Mine faded so much that I dont think others would really notice them, but I know they are there. I think the only reason I didnt develop them horribly with the weight gain is because it has been slow and steady and my skin gradually adjusted. Too bad there is no way to get rid of the things.

I have had 5 kids, all big, and not one single stretch mark ever. I came home from the hospital wearing my own clothes (and I had been huge with my kids). I'm up in years now and am hoping after surgery I'm just as lucky and never have a stretch mark. My daughter has them, and I gasped when I saw them. I had never seen one before. I consider myself extremely lucky. Must be good genes somewhere. I was not even the slightest bit heavy until 4 years ago when I quit smoking, and sooooooooo the story begins...............consoled myself with food..........not good!!

stretch marks here..I stay tan al lyear round so they do not look so bad, my hubby says a woman with strecth marks is a sign of a real woman..I have them just as you described Nykee..try tanning a tan stretch mark looks better then a white or red stretch mark..trust me :)

I had 3 boys all over 8lbs, one of them was 11.4 lbs got most of them from him and I only gained 21 lbs during that pregnancy

I've learned to live with mine..like I said I keep a tan and it helps!

I'm covered in them too. The weight gain stretch marks on my stomach are vertical and the baby stretch marks are horizontal. Is plaid in this year? :)

Yep! I have them too! Not from kids (don't have any), just weight gain. I can remember going to a slumber party right as I was hitting puberty & my big boobs appeared. I had these horrible red stretch marks all over my boobs & when we were changing into our night clothes everyone freaked out cause they thought someone had clawed me. Of course they were all flat-chested skinny minnies! It's funny now, but it made me so self concious then! I think the weirdest place i have stretch marks are in my ACs (the bend of my arms). Try explaining that when you have blood drawn!

I have them too.

I have red ones on my back and plenty of white ones on my stomach. Now all I need is a good (blue) bruise and I'm very patriotic. :)

I had these way before I got pregnant with my daughter. I've always been overweight, I was a size 20 in 8th grade, so I can't blame it on my pregnancy. :(

I have them too!!!! Mine are mostly ones I got when preg. I gained 60 pounds with the first baby, never lost any of it either!! I have a couple that I acquired as a resul of beuing fat...on my upper arms. But otherwise they are all on my breast, stomach and hips..those darn kids :)

My worst story is when i actually got them. I was preg. with my first son and I got so huge that mine actually broke open and I had to wear badaids to keep from bleeding on my clothes. My husband (soon to be x) has always been very thin and he has them on his hips and butt area. so I think it pretty funy!!

I have them on my stomach and on my upper arms. I recieved minimal from my pregancy 12 years ago. Being over weight caused more on my stomach than the pregnancy. It does not bother me though.