Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cut down that hurt

ugh I had that happen at a bar once too. the great thing is, it was a bar that I went to twice a week to play pool with DH. The guy didn't know that I knew every guy in that place. 5 of my friends drug him out and two came back with skinned knuckles. I love men who stick up for their friends.

I've always been told that you get back what you put out 10 fold. Don't worry, he'll get what's coming to him! (((HUGS))) Keep your chin up! You are a beautiful woman. It's sad, but the world is full of pigs!

Yesterday, I got into a dispute with a guy in the neightboorhood where I work in Philadelphia about parking; he always blocks off parking spots for his own convenience (which by law he is not allowed to do). I moved his cones and parked my car, and he started screaming at me: "you ignorant bitch! How dare you! You're too lazy to walk half a block! I can tell by looking at you!" Well, ok, this guy himself was very heavy, so I was just shocked that he felt like he could insult ME like that! So I just laughed and pointed and said "HAHAHAHA! Look who's talking! HAHAHAHA!" It made me feel alot better. So, I fully advocate slinging some insult back to these people who feel like they can say such things. I have also slung insults back to people who said something about my weight like "well at least my face doesn't look like a pizza! HAHAHAH!" and "Well I can lose weight but you can't change ugly! HAHHAHA!" I always try to pick the physical thing the person would be the most sensitive about. It always makes me feel alot better! (Is that too immature of me?) in fact, times when I have NOt said something back, I have had hurt feelings, but times when I have said something back, I forgot all about it. Also, I just think about how thin and hot I'm going to be after surgery and that helps alot too. I feel for you because believe me, I have been there. Try getting scrappy and bitchy like me and see if it helps. LOL!

I would definitely do as so many suggested and let the manager know you will be taking your business elsewhere and why. I believe firmly in praising excellent service and letting businesses know when their service was poor. And this was beyond poor! I'm so sorry this happened to you...what a jerk.

Emily

Thank you guys for cheering me up!

I've thought about this all day and wish I would have come back with something cleaver but I think I was in shock at the moment.

But ohhhh I wish I would have put him on the spot and told him

"Hey do you guys really feel better making someone eles feel bad?"

I always can think of something to say way later, Oh well......

You know I would call the managment but the guy at the bar is related to the owners, but I do agree I won't be going there again!

People can really stink you know?

But honestly, the fact that the guy behind the bar got a kick out of another patron insulting you and joined in on the laughter deserves to be reprimanded. I would most certainly speak with both the manager and owner of the place, write a letter if your not comfortable with speaking to them in person.

Since the guyknows the owners, they may let him slide, but you never know, they might not be cool with him doing that. Let them know you have been a long time customer and that you wil never go in there again.

People have to get the message that this kind of cruelty will no longer be accepted in our society. Unfortunetly, it takes a slap in the head for many to getthat.

But it's up to us to stand up to them and get that message across. I hope you speak with the owner/manager about it.

Well if it is any consolation, I would of belted the guy for you...... then belted him again for me...... Then maybe kicked him to drive home the point.

T

unreal, I am so sorry you had to hear that.. WHAT a prick.. GRRRR

These things dont happen to me (or I dont notice or something).. I have always exspected them to happen alot more often..

But I would of made the hugest scene, called him a mother fucker and OMG, I cant even imagine what I would of done..

I know this because I have not tolerated things said to my cousin or my kids or to me about any issue where someone is being a complete jerk.. I am not some tirant who goes off about everything.. (AT ALL)

But when someone is being a pure DICK so completely outragoious and uncalled for, I CANT let it go.. its my duty to take them down a notch..lol

I am not saying that is the right thing to do, I just know how I am..

MAYBe thats why I dont get cut down right to my face, they can tell I would KICK THERE TEETH IN!

I can understand you being shocked. If I hadn't already paid I probably would have just said "Go to hell" and walked out.

Not very eloquent, but gets the point across.

Geez, that guy must be a really miserable person. That is all I can think of when someone cuts someone else down; that they are really miserable themselves. Sorry you had such a bad experience. It had little to do with you in the grand scheme of things.

Kelli

Here are some of my hand tailored responses to such situations.

I shall start with my all time favorite:

...You know, I can lose weight, It's a real shame you can't gain intelligence.

Have you two been together long? you are SO cute together!

Can I get a diaper for your head? Something unpleasant just oozed out of your mouth.

Oh wow, whats that hideous growth in the middle of your face... Oops my mistake, its just your nose.

I guess your mom should have tried to raise her placenta, because it had way more intelligence than you.

----------------------------------------------

There's more, but they start getting a bit more unpleasant from here on ;)

I have heard this line used before when someone said sorry I was or am late. Meaning twisted to mean I missed my . ergo having a baby. I think the guy was a jerk either way he meant it. :speechles

That is the thing people who are misserable want others to feel misirable too...ingnore that bastard...

I agree with Vinesqueen. Even if he is related to the owner, it doesn't hurt to complain. If the manager doesn't responded kindly, then at least you tried. Speak poorly about the place to all you know....Shawn