Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Treadmill Question

Hello,

My question is; I have this treadmill in my basement and it has a 250lb. weight limit on it. My delima, I am 19 pounds over the limit and wonder what could happen if I use it and I am over the maximum weight limit on it.

FYI- It has no more warrenty, it is 4 years past warrenty date.

It is a very nice treadmill, it cost me $800 new.

Should I just use it and see what happens? Or what does everyone recommend? Trading it in to a place like 2nd Wind Exercise Equiptment in not an option due to $. If you know what I mean.

Reason I am asking this, is my weight loss is at a stand still and I want to mix it up and increase my weight burning with some exercise.

Schel

I'd go for it. If it has inclines, maybe wait on those for a bit?

But then, we have a folding step stool that says it only supports 250 pounds and we use it anyway. heh

We get our treadmill on Friday, and I can hardly wait!

Go for it! All safety warnings like that are required to err on the side of caution to avoid legal liability. I doubt that less than 20 extra lbs is that big a deal.

I say go for it. If the gears start crying, stop!! HA!! I am so jealous I want a treadmill, I had no idea there was a weight limit? I would start out gently and then work your way up though. Like when I got my blow up exercise ball thingy, I just knew I would sit on it and it would pop and blow across the room! It hasn't so far so get goin girly...

I always wondered about this 250 weight limit on treadmills. It's the reason why I haven't bought one. It makes me so mad! How are people supposed to lose weight and exercise if they are over 250lbs??? Drives me crazy. That being said, I would still try it and if it works ok, go for it!

Guest bella1030

need encougement having lapband done in april

Go for it! First of all, you won't be over 250 limit long enough to cause any wear and tear on the treadmill. Second, the 250 weight limit is for people who are 250 and running with and incline. The impact from running will surely put more than 250 lbs. of pressure on it, so i don't think it matters.

We just got a nordic track treadmill from Sears for 800 that has a 300lbs limit.

I think so long as you are walking gently and without an incline it 'could' be okay. It also depends on just how much and how hard it has been used in the past.

Of course (and this coming from a man buying a treadmill) the outdoors is there you could use that until you get that 19lbs off. It won't wear out!

I have done tons of research on treadmills. I just bought a $4,000 one. The weight limit is placed in accordace to the size and type of engine on the machine. If you are significanly over the weight limit , it will damage the motor. It also has a lot to do with the lift power on the incline. Go for it!! Once you get moving you will be under that weight limit in no time!! :clap2: :clap2:

I would buy instead an elliptical trainer is easier in your joints, believe me when we are significantly overweight everything hurts, besides they tend to tolerate more limit, norditrack brand is one of the reasonable price for their quality. we have a couple at work so I work out during lunch hour.

Best regard,

Manuel