Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where did I go wrong?

I was banded in 2008. I was 253lbs. I got to 204 and got pregnant. I had to get unfilled but continued to lose. The day I delivered I was 168 and I got down to 160. (2010) I got 2 fills after I stopped breast feeding my daughter. I am now back up to 243!!! I don't know what to do. I'm having such a hard time. I'm not making the best choices food wise (all the time), but I really am trying. I hate myself for letting it all come back. Please...any advice, meal/snack ideas? Anything...seriously! Thank you all so much!

That must be so frustrating for you. Why not go right back to the beginning with the band eating rules and work really hard at following them? First aim for one day, then when you are winning that battle, aim for a week, then a month. It must be hard having a little one around who may or may not eat the same foods as you, may have left overs etc, but remember that winning this battle means you will be around a lot longer for your baby.

Best of luck.

:( How frustrating this must be for you! I can only imagine the range of emotions you must be feeling. On the bright side tho you did it once before with the band surely you can do it again. But I think first you've got to forgive yourself and make up your mind to commit to changing your habits the way you did the first time around. The good thing is that you above new bandsters can trust that your band can work since you've already learned how to work with it and meet your goals before. If I was you I would go all the way back to basics as if the band was new, maybe even get a fill if necessary. If you've been over eating chances are you have stretched your pouch so do the pouch test for a week and go back on your liquid diet and replace meals with Protein Shakes. Start excercising, you can start small like parking in the back of the parking lot of stores and walking to the mail box instead of stopping on the way in driving and such. Go on walks with your baby and use her nap times to work out. Get rid of all the things that you weren't eating when you were losing weight. Sort of give your body the shock it hasn't had in a while surely that'll kickstart your weight loss. Im sure once you start seeing progress again you'll start to feel motivated to do more. Set mini goals instead of looking at the daunting task of trying to lose all the weight at once. Make it a true lifestyle change, we all know diets although sometimes they work- the results dont last. Stay in the support of people who understand and can relate with your battle and dont punish yourself any longer. You can do it again and be an inspiration to people who are in your shoes or afraid they will be. Best of luck and stay strong!! You can do this!:)

Okay take a deep breath, close your eyes, and silence your mind. You know where you went wrong and there is no need for us to point that out you becasue I feel it will only depress you and we are a group about moving forward not focusing on past mistakes :) There is nothing wrong with starting over from the beginning. Having a baby is hard on your body and your emotions. But you are not alone, you did it once and you can do it again with over a million people supporting you on this website. I gained 16 lbs after my daughter was born (pre-band) so I can relate to how you feel. But your body is not 100% right after you give birth you can experience post partum for up to two years after delivery so no worries. Start slow, take it one day at a time and remember to enjoy that baby becasue he/she will not be a baby forever and you can't get that time back. Good Luck!