Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Confused and Discouraged

Hi friends,

I was banded 3 years ago yesterday. About 2 years ago, I had slippage and had to have surgery to repair that. At one point, I had lost almost 100 pounds. In the last year, I have put 40 of those pounds back on. I'm so disgusted. None of my clothes fit, and my self-esteem has gone down the tubes. Now, the confusion part: I have restriction. I eat Protein, and I limit the bad carbs. I run 2 miles every other day. I know I could increase the exercise, but I don't think my eating habits are too bad, and I truly do feel I'm being honest with myself. I don't drink with meals. I'm going for yet another fill this afternoon because it seems like my only hope. I'm afraid I will be overfilled, but I'm not losing weight where I am now. In fact, I'm still gaining. I've been to a MD to see if there might be something else going on, but the tests haven't found anything.

The one thing I've identified is that I have a very difficult time eating slowly. I'm always in a rush, so any tips on how to slow down would be greatly appreciated.

Please help! I really need some advice. I don't know what to do. I don't want to put on one more pound, and I want to get those 40 back off.

Are you counting calories? "Good" food choices don't mean a thing if your calories are in check. Almonds are "good," right? They're also high in calories and given enough of them you can easily be eating too many calories.

If you aren't calorie counting, start. If you're not weighing your food, start. Fills don't = weight loss, a calorie deficit does however.

Are you factoring the amount of calories you are burning by running? From what I've learned (read actually), you need to account for the calories that you are burning when you eat. If you are not eating enough calories, your body can go into starve mode and it will store the fat and you wont lose. So if you are eating 1200 - X calories burned while running, are you below the # where your body store fat? I think its 1000 - 1200....someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches