Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone in Dayton Ohio have banding done

Hello everyone! Has anyone had lapbanding done in dayton ohio or its surrounding area? I am really interested in having this done. We have a new Doctor that has just started at the hospital I work at but am curious as to if anyone has had it done and by who. Any response would be greatly appreciated

I live in Springboro and have had the band since June 27th. I've lost 66 pounds. I had mine done by Dr. Curry who is moving his office to West Chester. I wouldn't go with a new doctor if there is one that has the experience of Dr. Curry so close by (unless you're limited by insurance). I love my doc he's talented, personable and accessable. It usually only takes a few days to get a fill and if you have a problem he's checks online several times a day to answer questions. If you have any questions feel free to email me.

Cathy

teresa,

I had mine done in columbus ohio, at the barix clinic, i was sooo impressed however i am from cleveland, but was so impressed with their facilities.

Lauren,

Thanks for the information. Columbus is only an hour away from here. How long did it take you to get things set up? Did your insurance pay for it? I am beginning to think that I will have to pay for it myself. Any more input you have would be greatly appreciated.

Teresa,

It went by sooo fast, they were fast with everything, lets just say i started reseraching in november, could of had it done by christmas if i wanted to, however i decided to wait untill after christmas. i got it done jan 13, however i did selfpay it was 13,500 i want to say. I have to say i love it there though. the care is awesome.

I will be using Dr. Curry as soon as the ins. comes through or I will do a self pay Razzi how did your surgery go with Dr. C and what has been your progress as fas as how was the first few weeks an weight loss?

I'm having mine done on March 7th at St. Vincent Charity in Cleveland. I live about 25 miles west of Cleveland. Dr. Aviv Ben-Meir is my surgeon. I know many who have had laporoscopic bypass done by him and all love him. I have also been told that the care at St. Vincent is the best. My insurance pays 100%, but I think the total cost there is $19,000. Have gone through my pre-addmission testing and now have to be on Opti-Fast for 2 weeks prior to the surgery. Dr. Ben-Meir requires it to get rid of fat around the liver and stomach which makes the surgery easier for him and for me. I'll stay overnight then go home and be back to work in a week. Looking forward to it.

Good luck to you and welcome to the site. This site has been a big help in answering alot of questions for me.

I'm from Beavercreek and had mine done at Cinci weight loss. It takes me about 35 min. to get there.

I was self-pay and the hospital based surgeons cost much more. That is, the hospitals charge a bigger cut. Cincy wt loss center uses an out patient surgery center, so it has less overhead. (it is still loaded with all the newest gadgets and the place is lovely and spotless) My DH had bypass surgery at Kettering when the unit was new and other than one nurse in the icu (who was an idiot) he had great care.

I had my surgery done at the Cleveland Clinic in October 06 by Dr. Schauer. I've lost 86lbs and would highly recommend him and the hospital. I was over 3 hours away -but it was worth it.

I don't remember the exact amount, but it was thousands. Enough to not mind that 35 min drive...The people there are very nice too. (Not that they were not nice elsewhere, I think that doc's in bariatric surgery really do want to help people. The insurance people, however, are idiots)

Hi Annie I am in the Beavercreek area also, Hoping that we can chat since you have been banded longer than I have. I have many questions lol....

Hope to hear from you soon

Kim